Blackburn vs Bolton

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Difficult choice. They were both absolutely magical goals but if I have to choose one, I'd go for the Blackburn goal. My main reasons being that he took more players out (ran past more players that is) with his trickery/close control and he also unleashed the thunderbastard shot that time too.

Close call though, really loved today's goal.

I was there today but it's doesn't top the Blackburn goal, though I haven't seen it again really. He only really went passed about 2 maybe 3 players today where as against Blackburn he went passed the whole back burn team then smashed into the small space of the net that was covered.

For me, I think you always need to consider the context and importance of the goal as well.

So for me, today's was better.

Plus, the footage of today's wasn't shot from a tree.

:lol:

Blackburn.

Every video i can find for the Blackburn game doesn't show him initially taking the ball where he squeezed past 3 players which is extremely frustrating. When you realise what position he was in, it is obvious that the Blackburn goal is technically the best.

Probably biased, but his Blackburn goal for me was better as he went past (more) players with skill than today's effort which, whilst fantastic, was more raw pace.

I love that you can come on here and give a balanced opinion like this. I'm far too much of a bitter cunt to do something similar.  :lol:

bolton doesn't look as good until you see it in close up, then you appreciate all the subtleties of balance, acceleration, timing, touch etc. it's a lot more than just running quickly in a straight line.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've kept a record of all our results, goalscorers, table positions, best goals, etc etc etc for about seven years on my computer. Dunno why, it's become a bit of a ritual. But anyway; this is what i've got down as our 'Top 12' for this season:

1. Ben Arfa vs Bolton (run, H)

2. Ben Arfa vs Blackburn (run, H, Cup)

3. Cisse vs Swansea (chip, A)

4. Raylor vs Everton (lob, H)

5. Cabaye vs Man Utd (free-kick, H)

6. Cisse vs West Brom (move, A)

7. Cisse vs Liverpool (move, H)

8. Cisse vs Villa (half-volley, H)

9. Guthrie vs Fulham (long-range, A)

10. Raylor vs Sunderland (free-kick, A)

11. Shola vs Spurs (finish, H)

12. Ba vs Man Utd (finish, H)

Then there's honourable mentions to Ben Arfa's counter-attacking goal at West Brom, Ba's turn and finish against Blackburn, Cisse's against Norwich, both of Ba's efforts at home to West Brom, etc etc etc. It's just so hard this season. There's been so many fantastic goals.

I still think in terms of pure striking technique Raylor's versus Everton is the best. Pretty remarkable hit.

I've kept a record of all our results, goalscorers, table positions, best goals, etc etc etc for about seven years on my computer. Dunno why, it's become a bit of a ritual. But anyway; this is what i've got down as our 'Top 12' for this season:

Then there's honourable mentions to Ben Arfa's counter-attacking goal at West Brom, Ba's turn and finish against Blackburn, Cisse's against Norwich, both of Ba's efforts at home to West Brom, etc etc etc. It's just so hard this season. There's been so many fantastic goals.

:lol: Nerdlinger.

At first I thought it was just pure pace that made him run past Davies, but look at it again, he takes two or three touches to shift the ball to his right to make sure Davies can't reach it. Then that second last touch before the shot, amazing. You can't even call that bad defending, they had no fucking clue he was going to do that, and he comes at them at such speed they don't even have time to react other than not wanting a red card for fouling him. What a goal.

And proud.

:lol:

having reviewed both very carefully I judge Blackburn one to be superior on the basis there was more of an effort to defend by them instead of run in terror like Bolton

Both magnificent goals mind