Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

tonights result has, in my opinion, increased our chance of finishing 4th, but chelsea are one game away from making that a non champs league position. due to their injuries/suspensions etc i can't see them winning against real or bayern and hopefully because of this and the fa cup the league may take a bit of a back seat for them. i'd put our chances very slightly higher on the back of tonight.

Couldn't exactly say they were favourites vs Barca either :yao:

they weren't but its hard to win game after game against the odds and barce have had that coming.

tonights result has, in my opinion, increased our chance of finishing 4th, but chelsea are one game away from making that a non champs league position. due to their injuries/suspensions etc i can't see them winning against real or bayern and hopefully because of this and the fa cup the league may take a bit of a back seat for them. i'd put our chances very slightly higher on the back of tonight.

they weren't but its hard to win game after game against the odds and barce have had that coming.

And if Bayern can get through tomorrow they play the final at their home ground, has to be an advantage.

But they can win the CL without winning the final. A draw could be enough, and I can see that happen unfortunately. I just don't understand how whis will increase or chances for CL qualification :dontknow:

The cup finals will distract Chelsea of course but they'll have less need to rest suspended CL players in the Premier League now, another small thing to consider.

they'll also want to rest others for the cup finals.

Might as well just finish third now then, I suppose.

Not "delighted" by any stretch and will be as tortured as anyone during that week and the CL final if we do come 4th. I'm certainly still of the belief we'll qualify, though.

Positives I'm taking are that I feel this will increase our chances down at Stamford Bridge next week and that I feel Chelsea's league form won't be enough to trouble us now with this and the FA final on the horizon, plus Chelsea face the prospect of a final without numerous key players as well. The key here is still finishing top four to begin with, at the end of the day.

Time to nut up or shut up for us, basically.

No doubts from me. This is the MOTHER OF ALL DISTRACTIONS FOR THEM. Plus slaughtered in the final as long as it's Real.  :D

The cup finals will distract Chelsea of course but they'll have less need to rest suspended CL players in the Premier League now, another small thing to consider.

Well mainly the FA Cup final really, since they have about a week between games before the Champions League final.

Ironically enough we stand to be the main team to directly benefit IMO, playing them 3 days before the FA Cup final could work out really well for us. :thup:

Also, it's quite a nice thought it way that we could have a personal interest in the CL final. :lol:

It's ridiculous by our standards that we're still affected at this stage of the season by what occurs on at least two fronts. :lol:

Well mainly the FA Cup final really, since they have about a week between games before the Champions League final.

Ironically enough we stand to be the main team to directly benefit IMO, playing them 3 days before the FA Cup final could work out really well for us. :thup:

True that. They won't give a fuck about our game, I hope.

Might as well just finish third now then, I suppose.

Not "delighted" by any stretch and will be as tortured as anyone during that week and the CL final if we do come 4th. I'm certainly still of the belief we'll qualify, though.

Positives I'm taking are that I feel this will increase our chances down at Stamford Bridge next week and that I feel Chelsea's league form won't be enough to trouble us now with this and the FA final on the horizon, plus Chelsea face the prospect of a final without numerous key players as well. The key here is still finishing top four to begin with, at the end of the day.

Time to nut up or shut up for us, basically.

No doubts from me. This is the MOTHER OF ALL DISTRACTIONS FOR THEM.

Exactly, just think about the group dynamics here.

As for us, just bomb on for 3rd - it's barely harder to get than 4th right now.

Are we absoultely certain that England won't be given five teams again if this happens? Or was it just a one off due to the magnificent stature of Liverpool FC?

It was a one off for Liverpool. UEFA changed the rules after that.

Agree re: third. Wouldn't have to deal with the dreaded play-off. Which I am far more fearful of than Real Madrid vs Chelsea Reserves - even though it'd be "in our own hands". That phrase needs to die incidentally.

So, in short... ...as long as Chelsea lose the final, Spurs choke, we beat Wigan and Everton, Lesnar beats Cena, Ben Mitchell is convicted of murder and The Matt Lucas Awards is cancelled, we're sitting pretty?

True that. They won't give a f*** about our game, I hope.

they'll be bothered (they'll know should they lose to us and lose the champs lge final it'll be the europa for them), but they'll be having to hedge their bets. if they'd went out tonight they'd be giving it 100% in the league for the champs lge spot.

Agree re: third. Wouldn't have to deal with the dreaded play-off. Which I am far more fearful of than Real Madrid vs Chelsea Reserves - even though it'd be "in our own hands". That phrase needs to die incidentally.

surely as admin , it's in your hands.

CL would have been fantastic (still don't think Chelsea will win it btw) but to qualify for Europa leg by finishing (at least) 6th is just amazing.

I will have a slight tinge of 'it would have been nice' but I am far too happy to even be in Europe to be gutted. It was never a possibility at the start of the season, Europe was a very fond memory that was never likely to happen for a very long time so I am made up we have done it.

Almost shaking with joy.

So, in short... ...as long as Chelsea lose the final, Spurs choke, we beat Wigan and Everton, Lesnar beats Cena, Ben Mitchell is convicted of murder and The Matt Lucas Awards is cancelled, we're sitting pretty?

:lol:

It's in our own hands.

Very calm about this to be honest, even after tonight's result. All we can do is just focus on our own games and the way we're playing at the minute we shouldn't be scared of anyone. I think Real will win the CL for what its worth, just seems like Jose's year imo.