Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

:anguish:

Well, there goes a weekend where almost everything went wrong for us. Even Arsenal taking just the point makes them extremely difficult to catch - and it was tough enough to begin with. I'm expecting the poll results to plummet and I'll reset again after the final whistle on Wednesday night. It got up to 41.8% believing before the game at Wigan.

I was hoping for 4 points from the three fixtures prior to Everton, it looks a fucking tall order now but it's far from impossible. I still think that'll be enough to make us favourites come the final day, despite Spurs' stroll against Blackburn (fucking negative cunts). Everything is set for a huge game on Sunday against Man City whatever the result at Stamford Bridge, but if we can just take something there and Bolton can do us a favour then St. James' should be white hot come 1.30pm. I can't wait. Let's hope being back top makes City nervous again.

I'm still going "yes" but it's hanging by a thread now.

Guest Sophie S

well 6th isn't bad

No, but having dreamed about the joy, prestige and money that comes with finishing 4th and in CL ranks, 6th is just.. not as good. I wish I was still as excited as when we had Europa League guaranteed. But I've got 2 days to get my mood right, again.

Absolutely love the fact we are in the Europa. 4th still felt like a tall order when we were in the 'driving seat' given our run in (the team that just beat us in stunning form, then a team still in contention to win, finally another 2 teams hitting good form and well on the up).

We have had an amazing season but it was always a lot tougher for that 4th than the teams around us.

Really going to enjoy Europe next season whichever competition it is. 

Can already see the massive build up for Sunday's match. David Platt (Mancini's assistant....not the Corrie one!) called it a bigger match than last night's. Starting to think we mightn't win that one.

Just looking at the table again, it's fucking amazing to be honest.

Whether we'll make the CL I'm not sure, but let's not let the Wigan defeat detract from an absolutely immense season. Can't wait for the DVD either way!

I know it happens to all clubs...but Vermaelen man.  :'(

The old selective picking of 'what if' incidents man, such a waste of time.

Just focus on the positives, that's your role here isn't it?

I know man but you get crap performances, decisions, close shaves over a season, etc...just 15 seconds of football there. :lol:

Works both ways too.

I know it happens to all clubs... but Ameobi man :'(

I don't know what to believe anymore.

All I can say is what a fucking season it's been, and it's shaping up to be an even better finish.

Going into the second last weekend of the season and we're a point off 3rd. You couldn't fucking make it up.

Think we'll get 4th, Spurs will get 3rd.

Chelsea to win the Champions League.

Btw, if we end up 4th, I won't be able to watch the final. Will be sitting in my garden and just waiting till it's time for the trophy presentation then...

Crazy season - you arguably have a better chance of catching Arsenal than you do Spurs. Spurs have momentum behind them more so than Arsenal right at the moment, and what's happening right at this moment is all that matters.

Just got to win our last two, which will be far from easy, and hope Arsenal/Spurs drop points. I don't think we will, but it's been a fucking fantastic season regardless.