Josep "Pep" Guardiola i Sala

HawK

Guest Roger Kint

Now watch the Lolerpool/Spurs fans convince themselves that Pep's going to be appointed after his break.

Just been a Liverpool one on radio saying that. Tbf he did say he might like the challenge of rescuing the mess they are in rather than them being worthy of Pep :lol:

To be honest, in all sports, dopers should not be allowed to manage/coach the next generation of sports people.

So morally he should not be managing Barca or anyone.

And here I was thinking when someone was found not guilty of something, you don't hold it against them (Except O.J., because O.J. did it).

Guest neesy111

To be honest, in all sports, dopers should not be allowed to manage/coach the next generation of sports people.

So morally he should not be managing Barca or anyone.

And here I was thinking when someone was found not guilty of something, you don't hold it against them (Except O.J., because O.J. did it).

He was cleared of all charges twice ffs.  The whole thing with Nandrolone is an iffy subject anycase as the body naturally produces it.

I was planning to go to a Barca game next season before this team drifts apart. Hopefully I haven't left it too late.

Made sure I went last year.Extremely jealous of my mate who has been living there past few years, he's witnessed something very special.

The only part I don't buy about Guardiola's departure is the whole "taking a year off" bit - but not that he'll take the first job offered, but rather that I don't see him managing any other club at all. And even if he did, I don't believe he would have the same passion as he does for Barca...

If you ask me, he's more likely to go back to Barcelona B than Liverpool or Chelsea or Man City

Such a shame, I'm a bit gutted tbh. It doesnt mean the team has to end though - cant see anyone leaving and theyll have someone's new ideas to enhance what they currently are. It's not like tiki-taka ends without Pep.

But itll feel strange not seeing him there. VI, do you trust your board to appoint the right coach?

I wouldn't be too worried about Barça, they have their incredible youth system and footballing principles as a basis. Provided they get someone who can ensure continuity in the style of play (like Bielsa who seems to be favourite to replace Guardiola) it'll be pretty much business as usual. People tend to forget this current Barcelona cycle began with Rijkaard as coach and Deco and Ronaldinho as star players. I'd have more doubts over Pep away from Barça, rather than Barça without Pep.

Would be great if Bielsa could lift the cup with Bilbao then go on to Barca. Can't see the likes of Llorente and Muniain staying there forever anyway unfortunately so onwards and upwards for him and seems like a natural progression.

Guest neesy111

Llorente would be a great signing for Barca as they defo need someone like Llorente to offer a target man.