Josep "Pep" Guardiola i Sala

HawK

Paddy Power saying they've got a lot of bets on him becoming the next English manager. The best club in the world to the most thankless job in football, yeah right :lol:

Would be epic though, plus would love to see Harry's face as the FA scale to the ladder to piss on his bonfire from height.

To me, he has made his mind for a while and was just waiting until making it public wouldn't hurt the team (in this case, once we already lost the league and the CL :lol:).

Pep is quite special, he is very stubborn in his principles which sometimes works against him. I do think he believes that leaving is the best for Barça, because he probably thinks he's ran his course as our manager. I don't think he's right, but he probably does believe it. Reminds me when he asked to be sold, shocked everyone at the time but at the time he also said it was best for both club and player.

It's going to be cold out there without him, but I was very gloomy when Rijkaard was sacked and an unexperienced local legend appointed instead. Who knows, we might make the right appointment again.

Just been saying there could be a hell of a mangerial mess in the summer. Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Citeh, Swansea, Spurs, WBA, Wigan and Wolves out of current Premiership teams could all potentially change manager in the Premiership then theres Barcelona and Real Madrid possibly as well.

Just been saying there could be a hell of a mangerial mess in the summer. Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Citeh, Swansea, Spurs, WBA, Wigan and Wolves out of current Premiership teams could all potentially change manager in the Premiership then theres Barcelona and Real Madrid possibly as well.

And for once we can watch it all quietly laughing to ourselves as we book our European flights.

It'll be fascinating to see who they replace him with and see how they evolve. Could they actually get better? Does the new man like a normal sized squad, as opposed to Pep's mini squads? And how will this all affect Messi? It's such a shame it ends on defeat.

Mental to consider this as a poor season where they may still win 4 trophies :lol:

:pokerface:

It'll be fascinating to see who they replace him with and see how they evolve. Could they actually get better? Does the new man like a normal sized squad, as opposed to Pep's mini squads? And how will this all affect Messi? It's such a shame it ends on defeat.

not quite.  Attenborough's documentaries and the like are fascinating, this?  Nar.

hmm on the one hand what he's done as manager there has been incredible the amount of trophy's he's won and with an impressive style of football, however there are some downsides, his transfer record is iffy at best and while the commitment to his philosophy is admirable it can be to the detriment of the team (see Tuesday night when as the 2nd half wore on it became blatantly obvious just passing the ball around the Chelsea box wasn't going to work and there needed to be a change in strategy to get the win).

Not sure he could repeat what he's done at Barca elsewhere, while he certainly proved that he's good by getting the trophies etc at the end of the day he did have some of the best players in the world (including quite possibly the best player ever in Messi) to help him on his way. To try and create that at Chelsea or wherever even if he had limitless funds would be difficult in the extreme

This golden chapter had to come to an end some day. I hope he succeeds wherever else he chooses to manage and hopefully whoever Barca bring in doesn't attempt to change too much with the team. They are still the best club side in the world IMO.

Bielsa would be amazing. The football barca would play would definitely match up, would possibly be less structured though in their pass square pass square try to open space and be more direct around the box. Villas-boas would have the players to play his style too

He's done an admirable job at Barça and one shouldn't forget that. This season has been poor by Barcelona's/Guardiola's standards and the timing of his apparent departure is bizarre but he probably does feel he has done all he can for the club.

If he does go on a year-long break, it could be the perfect opportunity for him to broaden his horizons and this could help to improve his coaching methods. So, once he comes back from his break, can see him being a better manager than before. Good luck Pep.

Balagué hasn't got a clue and he just repeats the names every Spanish newspaper has routinely linked with us.

Bielsa is the only one that would make me look forward to a tenure under him. His work at Athletic has been wonderful and he has the personality to keep the players' motivation (a lot of Pep's success is down to his man-management and the belief he inspired in the players, something that Bielsa has done too at Athletic).