Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Guest Dr_Delirium

Points for effort, but the attack was poor (Cissé didn't have his best game).

Can't believe what i'm hearing in here.

Too negative? What f***ing planet are you on. Surely the fact that we were torn apart the second we were "positive", proves the fact that Pardew got his tactics right.

Got to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery. We were at home, we've beaten manure here 3-0, no reason why we should hope for a similar performance.

Too negative? What f***ing planet are you on. Surely the fact that we were torn apart the second we were "positive", proves the fact that Pardew got his tactics right.

We were beaten by a better side. We didnt take our chances.. Such is Life .. Weve had a class season!! Lets finish it off in style next weekend!!

Guest justin99.

no shame losing to the probable champs and making them earn the win

very proud of the guys. Been a pretty amazing season

Proud of the team. City are just in a different league right now with gamechanging players like Toure all over the pitch. Great effort today, just not our day. Oh well, let's go for it next week, there's still a chance!

Ah well. We gave it a good go but they were too good. We got a lot more shots on target than ManUre last week, so just remember that before criticising what happened there today.

C'mon Villa!

Don't see how there can be complaints today. A fantastic effort from the whole team. Didn't give up. They were just too good. Said it earlier when people wanted us to be putting the pressure on them, goals would have been scored a lot earlier, but they still wouldn't have been for us. We had to contain them, that's what this game was about. And, more fool me, I got my hopes up and genuinely thought we were going to hold out. :( But still, a great effort from the team. Not the scoreline we wanted to end our home season on, but still proud as I can be of this club right now.

:clap:

I think I'll get over this pretty quick, maybe it's this joint, but we did pretty much all we could. That first goal was just unstoppable, we've done similar time and time again to teams with less quality they us, they're just better. Great season, and could still result in the Champions League. If not we have nothing to regret.

Guest andrew

As much as Pardew got it right against Chelsea he got it terribly wrong today.

Will go in to the last day with a chance of 4th if Spurs result stays the same....

But looks incredibly unlikely now.

Great season none the less, well done lads :thup:

no he didnt man.

They've mutilated football and spent billions on their players. They're on a different level- look how kompany controlled ba and cisse, and they had barry making a barrier for the strong clichy against hatem. and it was only a matter of time until they score, I just hope all stay for the lap of honour and next year we can really push on and try to be a regular CL challenger.

Proud of the team. City are just in a different league right now with gamechanging players like Toure all over the pitch. Great effort today, just not our day. Oh well, let's go for it next week, there's still a chance!

This :thup:

As much as Pardew got it right against Chelsea he got it terribly wrong today.

Will go in to the last day with a chance of 4th if Spurs result stays the same....

But looks incredibly unlikely now.

Great season none the less, well done lads :thup:

Didn't see where he got it wrong tbh...

They played as well as they could, Man City have a star studded team and played out of their skins... FFS...

Still think 4-4-2 was the wrong thing to do to go against this City team...... thier game revolves around the centre.

We played into thier hands by playing 4-4-2 imo but none the less its still a fantastic season and iam so proud of them.

Well play lads, would have been a dream to win, but still proud of every one of them! They deserve that lap of honour even more so when we won the championship a couple of season ago!

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/QUengJu9pfI/hqdefault.jpg

:sweetjesus:

Well done to Man City, they played brilliantly today and deserve to be champions. Just a shame that we didnt a point - we battled hard and played really well. I'm so, so proud of them and it's a privilege to support them.

Guest Shaun

Got to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery. We were at home, we've beaten manure here 3-0, no reason why we should hope for a similar performance.

WUM?

Tell you what, they are the best team in the league by a long way, i dont care what the table says.

Even in the first half, some of the things they were doing with the ball were terrific. We ran them so far today and i thought we might nick it.

It was one step too far for the lads today, that's all.

Bitter in the way we lost it, but we still had a great season.

How can you be bitter? When we pushed men forward they counter-attacked us to death. If we had done that from the beginning then we would have been fucked. It was an excellent game plan but the execution was just short. If we had held out for five more minutes, they would have had to push up and who knows what could happen. We certainly weren't going to beat them going head on. Did you watch them dominate against Man Utd?

Every player gave every ounce of effort today and I have no complaints at all. We looked to match them most of the game and they were struggling for idea's. A fantastic finish from Yaya set them up then they snatched a goal on the break, hey ho. Could still go into the last game with the potential for CL.

Well done lads, well done the crowd. Phenomenal squad, phenomenal season. Not going to let getting beaten off the team who may will the league spoil my party. Tell me ma me ma!

A team like City with quality players in every spot was always going to be a huge ask for us to beat tbh.

We're still a few players away, and they needed a moment of real quality from a truly top player to beat us.

No shame in that.

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/QUengJu9pfI/hqdefault.jpg

:sweetjesus:

Gonna grow my nails out and get that funky beard. It's not going down like this.