Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Even without the goal.  He was our MOTM behind Tiote.  Although they were probably the only two players that deserve credit TBH, so that's not saying a lot.

I like him and I'm glad he's hit a little bit of form the last 2-3 games.

One of the few players we have that seems to have some genuine steel about them (without trying to snidily kick players ala Cabaye).

I've always liked the look of him, despite his obvious shaky performances.

It's his acceleration which worries me. He's good on the ball, good tackler, strong in the air, looks like the sort of full-back capable of chipping in with 3-5 a season...it's just when a winger knocks it past him or a ball knocked over the top where he's suspect imo. Overall though I think he'll be good.

It's his acceleration which worries me. He's good on the ball, good tackler, strong in the air, looks like the sort of full-back capable of chipping in with 3-5 a season...it's just when a winger knocks it past him or a ball knocked over the top where he's suspect imo. Overall though I think he'll be good.

Last few games his starting position has been a lot deeper.... probably to combat the lack of acceleration.

I hope it stays that way.

One of the few players we have that seems to have some genuine steel about them (without trying to snidily kick players ala Cabaye).

I thought that because he's a dirty foreigner he can't possibly have a bit of passion about him? That's how it works on here isn't it?

Only see the second half and ET.  But I thought he was very good again.  What he lacks in pace, he makes up for in fitness.  Constantly up and down the flank and loves to get stuck in.  His keenness sometimes gets him in trouble.  But I'd rather him try to cut things out and intercept passes, as oppose to standing off like most of our defenders.

His Newcastle career thus far hasn't been the best, but a big improvement lately, and looks like he can be the player we all hoped he would be. Hell of an engine on him. The way he looked at the ref and Negredo after he booted him in ET :) x