Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Some stats from this year.

- fewer home wins (4) than any other season in our existence, right back to 1888, when we only played 11 home games a year

- most ever draws in a season in PL history

- not scored from a corner for over an entire season

- lowest number of wins in the PL

- equalled lowest ever PL finish

- lowest number of goals Aston Villa have scored in a season since League founded in 1888

- equalled highest number of home defeats ever

- only Blackburn won fewer matches than us

And still, still many in the media tell us it's because of where he came from. What utter fucking nonsense. How many other clubs fans would have put up with that?

that's fucking shameful man, he should have walked not waited to be sacked

Guest Tyson

Holy s***.  Looking at the table, Aston Villa only won 7 matches all season.  That is absolutely shocking.  Even Bolton, Blackburn and QPR had more.

The governing body/ies should place a greater premium on a win, by valuing them at 4 pts. One implementation that could help phase out the negative thinking anti-football mugs/managers out there, who think that a club's league status can be maintained by acquiring a mass collection of drawn results.

Revised tables, over previous seasons, based on this point allocation system would make for interesting reading (at both ends of the table, particularly the relegation slots & just above).

Apologies if you have already been asked this Brummie, will you be renewing now or are you still going to leave it?

I know you like your drugs and that, but you asked him this very question only 8 seconds earlier.

Apologies if you have already been asked this Brummie, will you be renewing now or are you still going to leave it?

I know you like your drugs and that, but you asked him this very question only 8 seconds earlier.

:lol:

Just going to sit here in this thread and wait for brummie to arrive. I have pizza, scotch eggs, three different flavours of crisps, a six-pack of cans and a large bar of Dairy Milk. Take your time.

Just going to sit here in this thread and wait for brummie to arrive. I have pizza, scotch eggs, three different flavours of crisps, a six-pack of cans and a large bar of Dairy Milk.[/]b Take your time.

Quite a haul. How much?

"I think there's a big hangover from the fact he came from Birmingham."

I'm sure they would have gotten over it if he didn't have them playing utter shit.  We had all this same stuff about not liking Kinnear/Ashley/Lambias because they were cockneys, nothing to do with the fact they were doing things horrifically wrong.  Can't remember anyone taking a dislike to Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand or Warren Barton for being Londoners.

"They need some stars there, because the fans love that - they want to see players that add a bit of glitter to their weekend," he continued.

and

"I think the expectations from the fans have to be tempered and they have to look at the situation more realistically."

Two bullshit sentences that were constantly thrown at us under Shepherds reign. Sends a shiver down my spine reading those.

One quote to get most Villa fans frothing at the mouth:

Sunderland's former Villa boss Martin O'Neill also expressed his sympathy for his successor.

"It was a difficult season," he said. "I know he went into it with eyes wide open, and it was always going to be a hard job, but nevertheless it's disappointing.

"I will give him a call when times smooth over a little bit."  :lol: