2012/13 fixtures - First match: Spurs (H) moved to 5.30pm for ESPN

Stifler

looking at the opening days fixtures, there's a very good chance of ours being a tv game.

Would surprise me if it wasn't on tele to be honest. I imagine there will be 4 or maybe even 5 with a Monday night game. (3 Sky- 12.45 Sat, 1pm/4pm Sun) and 1 ESPN (5.15 Sat). We'd probably get stitched with the Monday game. Can see Man City/Southampton definitely being on as well.

looking at the opening days fixtures, there's a very good chance of ours being a tv game.

Would surprise me if it wasn't on tele to be honest. I imagine there will be 4 or maybe even 5 with a Monday night game. (3 Sky- 12.45 Sat, 1pm/4pm Sun) and 1 ESPN (5.15 Sat). We'd probably get stitched with the Monday game. Can see Man City/Southampton definitely being on as well.

unlikely we'd get the monday game with a euro game on the thursday. i think early saturday is what we'd get.

Not a particularly pleasant start to our season.

Tough home

Tough away

OK home

Tough away

OK home

OK away

Tough home

Derby

Has me worried.

Nah. Looks fine. December looks a bit scary, though.

Not a particularly pleasant start to our season.

Tough home

Tough away

OK home

Tough away

OK home

OK away

Tough home

Derby

Has me worried.

Those same "hard" fixtures last year we got 3 wins, a draw and a defeat from the first 5 and the defeat was at Everton and we all know they will be shit until Christmas lol.

I'm confident about the first 6 fixtures.

We have to play them sometime. Getting 2 of what we would expect to be our hardest games out of the way could be a good thing. Last year we had Arsenal at home on the first day and managed to hold them to a draw. Chelsea will be with a very different squad from last year and their no guarantee they will gel straight away and as we showed last season we can give anyone a game if e are on our game.

You can pretty much look at any fixture and say it's going to be tough, it's not until the season goes on where some fixtures look a lot more winnable than others.

Glad to get the two end-of-season late ebloomer teams out of the way pretty early this season.

Ps. fuck you Neil. ;D

December will ruin us agian though :laugh: Expecting a much more normal season after looking at that. Dave's graph won't be nearly as steep this time. Cup runs though \o/

The latest that games on the opening day of the season start at are usually 5:15, right?

We started with a Monday night game when we played ManU in our first season back.

Of course! And a lot of the time they get moved to 'Super Sunday' fixtures. Ta mate. I'm in two minds atm, really want to book cheap flights over for the Spurs game that gets me there and back on the same day, yet there's no point in booking them if Sky could mess around with the schedule. Think I might just wait for a bit.

I think I read that TV fixtures are due to be announced on 5th July.

Whats the delay, surely Sky would have picked the ones they want already and ESPN would have already picked the best of the scraps thats left over.

Guest Phil K

No reason to complain tbh. 2 quite hard games, followed by 4 rather easy ones. Then Man Utd and the derby.

No game is an easy game!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Last time we played Spuds was when we lost 0-1 with Sherringham scoring and a pompous scouser at work said "You're in with the big boys now" with a sneer.

I'm pretty sure we finished 3rd or 4th that year too, started slow 1st game and picked up speed.