2012/13 fixtures - First match: Spurs (H) moved to 5.30pm for ESPN

Stifler

About two weeks until they're out.

Fixtures start getting produced as soon as all the clubs in the leagues are known. Clubs are asked for any needs they have, I.E. if one club wants to be paired with another club so when they are home the other club is home or the other club is away when one is at home, this can cross leagues as well. They then come up with the best possible list, the one where those fixtures come from then they are handed to the police forces and clubs to see if they match their criteria.

It's weird how it works out, apparently Gillingham are chain linked with clubs like Portsmouth and Southampton in what fixtures they can have. So a team a hundred miles or so away in a different league can affect when and where you play your matches. It's crazy.

Fascinating stuff. I genuinely thought it was just spat out by a super duper computer. Never realised the planning that when into it.

Fixtures start getting produced as soon as all the clubs in the leagues are known. Clubs are asked for any needs they have, I.E. if one club wants to be paired with another club so when they are home the other club is home or the other club is away when one is at home, this can cross leagues as well. They then come up with the best possible list, the one where those fixtures come from then they are handed to the police forces and clubs to see if they match their criteria.

It's weird how it works out, apparently Gillingham are chain linked with clubs like Portsmouth and Southampton in what fixtures they can have. So a team a hundred miles or so away in a different league can affect when and where you play your matches. It's crazy.

Fascinating stuff. I genuinely thought it was just spat out by a super duper computer. Never realised the planning that when into it.

Read that BBC piece from the other year that someone has linked.

Read that BBC piece from the other year that someone has linked.

Aye, I started to, but I am going to bed before midnight! Will have to read it on the bog tomorrow

out on monday aren't they ? bloody hope we are away for the opening weekend as we're away on hols, couldn't really fit it in any other time.

prediction time then, I'll go everton away opening day.

I haven't seen word on what is going to happen since the ruling happened. I can't believe the wankers who have been making a shitload of cash off them will simply sit back and allow their business to be made completely obsolete, which means appeals. Until we know some more, the existing rules on here continue to apply.

In fact the European court of justice made a similar ruling in 2004: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/nov/10/football.business

Fuck all changed.

I haven't seen word on what is going to happen since the ruling happened. I can't believe the wankers who have been making a shitload of cash off them will simply sit back and allow their business to be made completely obsolete, which means appeals. Until we know some more, the existing rules on here continue to apply.

In fact the European court of justice made a similar ruling in 2004: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/nov/10/football.business

f*** all changed.

FAO yorkie.

Guest Roger Kint

Norwich at home. Hughton back at SJP.....they love their opening day stories.

Is this the first ever self giggsing?

Less than 23 hours left. Genuinly excited about that, as it's the first sign that the "real" football is on its way back.

I expect West Ham at home. Big Sam and Big Kevin Nolan to return to SJP.

I also expect us to play QPR around the 12th match day - Barton to make his return against us.

What time are they released tomorrow? I'm starting my placement at the Press Association, so I'll see if there's any scoops.

Although there's nothing juicy about fixtures and I wouldn't be allowed to post them anyway, but......you never know!