Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest bimpy474

Well if Pardew decides to sign a players like Big Vurn and Cabaye, then doesn't use them in a system they have played all their careers (3 in the middle). Is it any wonder they arent playing well and to their strengths.

That is what I had hoped with this signing, 3 in the middle.

Same here, i thought here we go, whatever-3-whatever. Lovely.

Guest bimpy474

Well if Pardew decides to sign a players like Big Vurn and Cabaye, then doesn't use them in a system they have played all their careers (3 in the middle). Is it any wonder they arent playing well and to their strengths.

This is the main issue.

It is for me too. You take 50% of both their games away using them in a 4-4-2, even some of Cheick's too.

This is the main issue.

It is for me too. You take 50% of both their games away using them in a 4-4-2, even some of Cheick's too.

Cheick is our only midfielder who would look good in a 4-4-2. Cabaye and Anita just aren't built for it.

Guest bimpy474

This is the main issue.

Cheick is our only midfielder who would look good in a 4-4-2. Cabaye and Anita just aren't built for it.

Cheick is ok in it but for me he is expected to create things, especially when Yohan isn't playing. That simply isn't his game.

I was against signing him when we had other areas of the pitch that were crying out for upgrades.  Having said that, I think he will become a very good player for us if used in the right formation as he does look like a tidy player.

This is the main issue.

Cheick is ok in it but for me he is expected to create things, especially when Yohan isn't playing. That simply isn't his game.

Tiote would look awesome alongside a creative/goalscoring midfielder in front of him though. We shouldn't count how he's being used now against him, his proper role is as a midfield destroyer, not creator.

Guest bimpy474

This is the main issue.

Tiote would look awesome alongside a creative/goalscoring midfielder in front of him though. We shouldn't count how he's being used now against him, his proper role is as a midfield destroyer, not creator.

Exactly what i said earlier, he's a destroyer and turn over of possession player. Pardew not seeing that his three best central midfielders are having big parts of their games taken away by playing only two in the middle, weakening which two he uses by doing so, its really worrying me.

Guest reefatoon

I was against signing him when we had other areas of the pitch that were crying out for upgrades.  Having said that, I think he will become a very good player for us if used in the right formation as he does look like a tidy player.

Yeah, I agree with that.  Strange how we spent so much money on him (midfielder), then for the most part we have been playing him right back.  Debuchy wouldn't have cost that much more and is actually a right back.

Yeah, I agree with that.  Strange how we spent so much money on him (midfielder), then for the most part we have been playing him right back.  Debuchy wouldn't have cost that much more and is actually a right back.

I think his versatility made us pay the money for him. He's a player who can play 3-4 positions. It's important to have a player like him. Remember Aaron Hughes. Was terrible at times, but his versatility was extremely important to this team. Had we gotten Debuchy we could've been playing Bigi and Gosling for games this season...

Still think Anita is a good signing TBH. He's versatile, that's easy to scoff at but we love the same thing about someone like Perch. He's from Ajax, so he believes in keeping the ball and moving around when he doesn't have it. He has energy.

He hasn't been brilliant, but he's been played in fits and starts in a team that isn't functioning properly. I still think he'll come good.

Obviously if it was a choice between him or Debuchy or a CB I wouldn't have gone for him. But we know our recruitment policy doesn't work like that.

Still think Anita is a good signing TBH. He's versatile, that's easy to scoff at but we love the same thing about someone like Perch. He's from Ajax, so he believes in keeping the ball and moving around when he doesn't have it. He has energy.

He hasn't been brilliant, but he's been played in fits and starts in a team that isn't functioning properly. I still think he'll come good.

Obviously if it was a choice between him or Debuchy or a CB I wouldn't have gone for him. But we know our recruitment policy doesn't work like that.

I agree and a player who has probably never played in a 4-4-2 in his pro career is going to take time to adjust to playing that way nevermind doing so with a completely new league and 'style' of football to do it with at the same time. It's no coincidence that he has looked more the player we expected in Europe when he's had a little more time / two along side him in the middle.

Saying that I doubt we'd have bought him had been only able to play CM as Big Felipe alluded.

Just watching game again from Saturday, i've no idea what he was doing. Even if he'd been asked to play a role he's clearly not suited to his effort in tracking back was disgraceful.

Thought it was just me who thought this. He was almost totally anonymous IMO.

His positioning seemed very evasive. He hardly ever showed for the ball. Especially in the first half.

To be fair to him, he was played as an attacking midfielder and he's simply not ready for that lack of space yet.

You can tell he's out of his comfort zone at the minute, I'm very confident that he'll be fine in time but this is an important period for him. He needs to play games in a set position, which I hope will be as a DM.

Cabaye was pretty anonymous for his first few appearances and he was playing in a much more functional team.

Think it's just a matter of time for Anita. All of his problems seem to stem from lack of understanding rather than lack of ability.

Just watching game again from Saturday, i've no idea what he was doing. Even if he'd been asked to play a role he's clearly not suited to his effort in tracking back was disgraceful.

He has not much so far at all

He has not much so far at all

i'm going to use that tomorrow, haven't got a clue how but i am determined. no idea what it means but it flows beautifully.

Cabaye was pretty anonymous for his first few appearances and he was playing in a much more functional team.

Think it's just a matter of time for Anita. All of his problems seem to stem from lack of understanding rather than lack of ability.

That's a fair assessment.