Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

If Pardew can't get the best out of Cabaye, there is no way he will set the team up in a manner which will even come close to us seeing the best of  Anita, who has an even more limited/specific role than Cabaye if anything.

I'm also not sure how anyone can rate Anita highly based on what we saw last season. Very much an unknown quantity at this point.

If Pardew can't get the best out of Cabaye, there is no way he will set the team up in a manner which will even come close to us seeing the best of  Anita, who has an even more limited/specific role than Cabaye if anything.

I'm also not sure how anyone can rate Anita highly based on what we saw last season. Very much an unknown quantity at this point.

Agree. The whole team were poor last season. Anita didn't really stand out as anything special in his limited appearances. I'm not writing him off but I'm also not sure how good he is.

Best not to judge Anita on Cabaye's performance under Pardew - how many players has Pardew actually improved since he's been here ? Think Cisse, Cabaye,Anita just to name a few..!

Except that they HAVEN'T been improved.

Agree. The whole team were poor last season. Anita didn't really stand out as anything special in his limited appearances. I'm not writing him off but I'm also not sure how good he is.

As crazy as it may sound - no one and i mean no one in our entire squad had a good season :kasper:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest alijmitchell

Looked very accomplished last night when he came on, made some insicive passes, shielded the ball well, and played some excellent passes into space to get the team moving, which neither Tiote or Cabaye really managed. Was the pick of our midfield.

Guest icemanblue

Looked very accomplished last night when he came on, made some insicive passes, shielded the ball well, and played some excellent passes into space to get the team moving, which neither Tiote or Cabaye really managed. Was the pick of our midfield.

Good to hear.

Guest alijmitchell

I really like Vurn, hope he's going to be trusted to play. If Tiote keeps f***ing up as much as he has been, it's surely only a matter of time before he has to be dropped.

Vurn, Siss and Cab in a three would be an ideal midfield unit, physicality, technically good, and 2 of them can release the ball quickly. I think Cabaye and Sissoko would benefit hugely from his intelligence.

Guest bimpy474

I really like Vurn, hope he's going to be trusted to play. If Tiote keeps fucking up as much as he has been, it's surely only a matter of time before he has to be dropped.

We all thought that last season and Anita just sat on the bench game after game, and when Tiote was injured or suspended, Pardew played Perch. It's baffling, i really hope you're right.

He had a patchy season last year when he did play but he still looked head and shoulders above Tiote.

He was the only player who looked any cop around that disastrous Nov-mid Jan run and he was dropped for his troubles.

He had a patchy season last year when he did play but he still looked head and shoulders above Tiote.

He was the only player who looked any cop around that disastrous Nov-mid Jan run and he was dropped for his troubles.

Yep, I know it was only against a 10 man Wigan side but we played some good football during that 3-0 win with Anita, Bigi and Marveaux in midfield. Then we made sure all 3 were out of the side ASAP.

I really like Vurn, hope he's going to be trusted to play. If Tiote keeps f***ing up as much as he has been, it's surely only a matter of time before he has to be dropped.

Vurn, Siss and Cab in a three would be an ideal midfield unit, physicality, technically good, and 2 of them can release the ball quickly. I think Cabaye and Sissoko would benefit hugely from his intelligence.

:thup:

:thup:

I really hope we get at least a chance to see this. Not sure TBH.

Guest bimpy474

I wonder why Pardew is so reluctant to try the things that seem so obvious. It can't be that it hasn't crossed his mind.