Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Agree with Spaceman, mind. £7m or whatever for a tidy/average footballer totally out of his depth in Premier League football. Stupid, stupid scouting.

The list is endless on that front.

Guest reefatoon

Colback is crap,  Tiote is crap and this useless little fucker is crap. Baffles me how people can rate him at all. They are all as shit as each other, yet Anita seems to get praise. Good to see people seeing him for what he is. Crap.

There is a tidy player in Anita and he does give a shit, but when a game is very fast and physical, he isn't up to the job.

I'd like to think we could go back to Holland and use him as a part of a deal for someone who can do a job for us.

Started well this season but he's back to what I expect from him. Thought he'd turned a corner but seems that was blind hope than anything based on the truth.

We've some fucking awful players on the books.

And the worst part is that we've such a set of clueless bellends at the club that we'll never force the shit out at a significant loss to clear the decks so we'll have all the shit hanging around until their contracts expire.

And the worst part is that we've such a set of clueless bellends at the club that we'll never force the shit out at a significant loss to clear the decks so we'll have all the shit hanging around until their contracts expire.

Apart from Cabella...so strange that deal.  :lol:

Apart from Cabella...so strange that deal.  [emoji38]

But that wasn't a significant loss though afaik, we maybe lost a couple of mil on the deal but in order to get rid of the likes of Tiote, Anita et al we're going to have to let them go for almost nothing.

Out of Anita, Colbeck and Tiote I'd start Anita to go with Sissoko and Wijnaldum in CM. I agree he was poor yesterday and we need a player like Matic (last season's version) in a future transfer window. I think part of the problem yesterday was the pairing with Tiote. Anita seemed to come to RB as Janmaat pushed on. I don't recall him splitting the CBs like he has for much of the season.

the coward thing was mooted pretty early in mcclaren's tenure and it was shot down by a lot on here but after that showing if thauvin isn't starting vs. leicester with wijnaldum taking the place of anita or tiote i'm not sure what other term can be used for the guy

he seems terrified of making any difficult decisions, unless that decision is dropping someone easy like thauvin, but then i suppose it's not a difficult one in that case

You say that like it's an obvious decision when it really isn't. Changing the team as you suggest would pretty much negate our top scorer's attacking contribution, to accommodate a player who has looked better in late cameos when he's come off the bench.

You say that like it's an obvious decision when it really isn't. Changing the team as you suggest would pretty much negate our top scorer's attacking contribution, to accommodate a player who has looked better in late cameos when he's come off the bench.

perhaps if we have a player like thauvin on the wing playing with confidence it'd open up more opportunities for wijnaldum through the middle?  there are no absolutes but i'd strongly argue that giving thauvin 10 minutes here or there is going to achieve the sum total of fuck all for his development

perhaps if we have a player like thauvin on the wing playing with confidence it'd open up more opportunities for wijnaldum through the middle?  there are no absolutes but i'd strongly argue that giving thauvin 10 minutes here or there is going to achieve the sum total of fuck all for his development

Whether we like it or not it seems like McClaren is set on having two CM's who by and large hold their position in the middle of the park. I'm very hesitant to move Wijnaldum out of the spot he's done so well in and into a deeper role, as much as I want to see Tiote and Anita's "partnership" broken up.

Whether we like it or not it seems like McClaren is set on having two CM's who by and large hold their position in the middle of the park. I'm very hesitant to move Wijnaldum out of the spot he's done so well in and into a deeper role, as much as I want to see Tiote and Anita's "partnership" broken up.

I'm not convinced that's his chosen style personally, rather an acknowledgment that his CM options are Anita, Tiote and Colback and they're not capable of anything else.

I'm not sure from the little I've seen of Wijnaldum that he's particularly creative either. Strikes me as a much better and more consistent Sissoko. We are crying out for a Coquelin type DM who has the legs and aggression to hold by himself.

I'm not convinced that's his chosen style personally, rather an acknowledgment that his CM options are Anita, Tiote and Colback and they're not capable of anything else.

Either way it seems pretty clear he doesn't see Wijnaldum as a CM, he started Gouffran in CM rather than move Wij there. :lol:

Not defending his decision by the way, think he's settled on a very ugly formation and setup these last few games.