Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest bimpy474

Ah Rap music. Biggest load of s*** ever invented.

You must of only ever heard mainstream rap.

No i've heard allsorts, Wham did one and Ant rap by Adam and the Ants too.

Prefer Cliff Richards myself.

Is it wrong to be excited about this signing when all I've got to base it off is:

- the fact he's 23 (I think, can't be arsed to verify.)

- his name

- some YouTube clips

- some forum chatter

- and my faith in our current recruitment procedure (obvious exception of Obertan)

Remember last season thinking "what's with all these French players?". Happy to admit on this one that I was made out to be a cunt.

Is it wrong to be excited about this signing when all I've got to base it off is:

- the fact he's 23 (I think, can't be arsed to verify.)

- his name

- some YouTube clips

- some forum chatter

- and my faith in our current recruitment procedure (obvious exception of Obertan)

not at all...i'm the same

love the feeling of getting a new signing and knowing he won't be shite

I've been far too wary of all new players since Silvio Maric, I still cant completely shake the doubt such was the difference between the expectation and the reality in that instance.  Recent events have helped an awful lot of course, mr cisse most recently and most tellingly

Looked like he wasn't too shy of moving forward either. Could be a good option with his pace and a late run from deep. Looks like he takes everything in his stride so that early miss-touch probably didn't bother him.

Looked a tad nervous but that turn on the right  :shifty:

On the left you mean?

Also, was really hoping someone swapped out the PA's introduction of Anita with the Youtube clip pronunciation of his name. More than hope, I was kinda expecting to hear it.

Looked a tad nervous but that turn on the right  :shifty:

On the left you mean?

Also, was really hoping someone swapped out the PA's introduction of Anita with the Youtube clip pronunciation of his name. More than hope, I was kinda expecting to hear it.

Sorry i had taken off my L R wellies, the left indeed.

He looks bright and quick, but he's going to be a compliment to Tiote rather than a direct replacement. Tiote gives us the strength and bone crunching power that only certain players can. Would have liked to see both of them alongside Cabaye and maybe one less striker to dominate the middle but no complaints, we won.

I've seen some of his 'all touches in a game' type youtube vids and none of them gave me any indication that he is as rapid as when he was running down the wing at one point.  Good signs from him.

There's a goal on Youtube somewhere with running down the wing, jinking past two players and smashing the ball in the net.

Looked like a proper winger tbh :lol: