Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Made an absolutely vital block on Defoe? Deflecting the shot out wide in the last few minutes. Sometimes you don't get down to this level of detailed marking so quick after coming on as a sub in a tight game. Must have done his homework from the bench which is always encouraging.

Its going to take him a while to adapt to the way we play, but hes going to be integral to our system. Both him and Tiote like to sit deep to receive the ball, which robbed us of a forward thrust from midfield. But he grew into the game made some nice passing sequences. Would like to see him get 90 minutes in Greece.

Looked average, but that's fine, I doubt he's gonna be a player that comes on and changes the game, he'll be playing his part throughout.

Christ almighty  :facepalm:

I thought he was solid and had some great touches for his very first game. Can't wait to see more of him.

Really excited by this lad, it's fantastic to have someone with his pace playing in the middle of the park. Think he could go a long way to transforming us into a much more fluid, attacking team. Very happy with our midfield these days, think it's up there with the top four

f*** me, he's quick :lol:

This, some pace on the fella.

This. Rapid and quite small. He dropped a bollock with his first touch but can't remember him putting a foot wrong afterwards. Made one really eye catching run and so bloody quick.

Looks very promising thus far. 

Posted it earlier but think it got lost in the shuffle -

On Youtube - search for: "Piero: Anita is een hele goede controlerende middenvelder'"

Great 3 min analysis of a match vs Roda where Anita showed a lot of really promising things.  I liked the speed and smooth tackle at the :54 mark in particular.

Posted it earlier but think it got lost in the shuffle -

On Youtube - search for: "Piero: Anita is een hele goede controlerende middenvelder'"

Great 3 min analysis of a match vs Roda where Anita showed a lot of really promising things.  I liked the speed and smooth tackle at the :54 mark in particular.

Nice and simple, good pace, assured  :thup:

So un-Ajax that. They'd normally elevate a young lad or bring in an oldie for a homecoming tbh. Only reason I'd take Poulsen is because he'd be paired with Eriksen like in the national team. Not our problem though.

Some selection headaches for Pards like.

Of course he won't pick Anita over Tiote ot Cabs but it will be interesting if one of them gets injured, whether he can push them out the side.

Some selection headaches for Pards like.

Of course he won't pick Anita over Tiote ot Cabs but it will be interesting if one of them gets injured, whether he can push them out the side.

Quite frankly there shouldn't be a headache at all, all 3 should be playing long term in 4-3-3.

Well having said that Jonas is class in the middle too but anyway point is that it shouldn't be about displacing Cabaye or Tiote but playing alongside them.

He's clearly a good technical player with a bit of bite. I was slightly disappointed he isn't a bit bigger physically when I first saw him, but he's really quick at covering ground so it shouldn't be a problem. I just hope we are going to keep the ball on the deck to get the best out of him and Cabaye. When we launch it long these type of players will look much less effective.