Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I do expect every signing to be class. Probably unfair really.

Probably, but many of us are the same. We've criticised Ashleys reluctantance to stump upthe extra 20 quid for Debuchy. But after a shaky start during Ashleys reign the signings have been astounding. Most in terms of value for money, but Cisse just simply astounding.

Guest Ilsteir

So un-Ajax that. They'd normally elevate a young lad or bring in an oldie for a homecoming tbh. Only reason I'd take Poulsen is because he'd be paired with Eriksen like in the national team. Not our problem though.

The future replacement for Anita at Ajax is Ilan Boccara. The DM of the Dutch U19 squad and quite a talented lad, however he will not not be able to play a full season yet. Enoh is the other remaining DM, but he is a limited destroyer.

Poulsen performed well at Evian and should be able to cover the gap for the next two years.  He brings some vital experience their squad desperately needs. The oldest players left at Ajax now are 26.

I think Jonas plays an important role in the 4-3-3, but the only stand-out attribute he has up on Anita (from what i've seen so far) is the ability to draw the foul. As useful a little tactic as that is, Anita looks like he could be a better long-term option if we're going to continue with similar formations. He looks to have better vision and is better in the pass. Plus he's better at winning the ball. Anita and Tiote as a barrier in front of the defense/the first stage of an attack sounds like a good prospect.

However, if he is going to become a regular fixture in the starting line-up - he will have to take on Jonas' responsibilities, as well as offering his own individual attributes. Jonas' stamina and confidence in possession is absolutely vital to our flair players - particularly Ben Arfa. He always offers himself when an attack hits a wall of defenders. One of the biggest improvements to our football these days is that it isn't simply 'start an attack, doesn't work out, lose possession'. It's now 'start an attack, if that one doesn't work out - work it back, try again'. And Jonas plays a huge role in that.

But Anita looks a good all-rounder. I've got confidence that he can become as valuable a member to the first team as Gutierrez, if not more so. Still early days, admittedly.

I know it's one game. But he really gives defenders an option when he comes deep to pick it up. And it's not sideways passes after that, he finds players in space all the time and allows us to move forward. Imagine him threading those passes through to Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

He'll be a very good signing if we play him with Tioté and Cabaye.

I know it's one game. But he really gives defenders an option when he comes deep to pick it up. And it's not sideways passes after that, he finds players in space all the time and allows us to move forward. Imagine him threading those passes through to Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

He'll be a very good signing if we play him with Tioté and Cabaye.

Always good to have players who always want the ball, will be the link between the defence and Cabaye/Ben Arfa

I was most impressed when he was surrounded by players and the ball was passed to him quite heavily and he continued to knock passes back and safely under pressure. Need him in the mix when teams are pressing hard when some of our other players would just get rid of the ball under pressure.

He's been fine apart from the penalty, harsh lesson but he's also tracked Hazard well and kept him relatively quiet. He's a good player and it's not been a mess of a debut.

His head has dropped since the pen, if i were Chelsea i'd go straight for him apart from they are too occupied with taking the piss down their left instead.