Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest hydeous

Aye, this video has been something I've wanted to see for a while. Be funny if it was just just Jonas having a sombre w***.

I laughed way more than normal at this.  :lol:

Would like to see that video that they showed to Anita, i bet we hired Universal Studios to eliminate Williamson and Simpson from the footage.

like they did with cisse. i keep telling you it's not a normal dvd, it's.....................

Joe 90 Opening Theme 1968-1969

the tricky bit is getting them into the room, after that they don't stand a chance.

From everything I've read he sounds like the perfect signing. The technical side to his game mentioned by Pardew could make him ideal as the link between the destroyer in Cheick and the creator in Cabaye. Holding position with Tiote in a defensive role, as well as using his passing to dictate the tempo of the game from deep. Only 23 as well, not to mention being a full Dutch international. Plus emergency fullback cover. Optimistic. :thup:

Guest salmon

Aye, this video has been something I've wanted to see for a while. Be funny if it was just just Jonas having a sombre w***.

;D ;D ;D

Apparently Anita said that he wasn't sure if he could be a destroyer and playmaker at the same time, as it would be too demanding physically.

Then Pardew showed Vurnon the Terminator video of Tioté walking through brick walls like Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

After seeing his first interview on NUFC TV I'm now even more excited about this signing, he knows nigh on perfect English already and he spoke with great passion about improving himself and showing what he can do. Seems very confident and raring to go aswell, wants to play on Saturday if Pards wants him to.

Seems like a very likeable guy, which is in keeping with the trend at the club at the moment, reckon he will slot in nicely.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm pleased we have players that realistically want those things. It's all very well saying you want them, but we have quite a few players now who are not only champions in their previous leagues, but played a massive part of their success. That's exactly what you need. None of this League winner sub nonsense that we used to do with Smith, Duff, Parker, Butt etc.

Just read some more of Vurnon Anita's quotes.. not lacking in confidence, is he! :lol:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1135934/vurnon-anita-targeting-champions-league-with-newcastle-united?cc=5739

I had him all wrong. What a legend.  :lol:

Too right as well, we should be looking to improve every season. I'm sure everyone at the club realises how difficult it will be but should at least be targeting these sort of things.

Edit: "There are great players here like Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa and I can learn from them. They can learn from me too. It is only good for the team."

:lol: legend.

sunechograeme

Martin O'Neill "categorically" confirms that Sunderland did not try to sign Newcastle's new arrival Anita.

Righto, Marty. Stepped aside. FTM.

To be fair, he has never played for an average prem team.