Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Excellent player. I think Cabaye needs to go into the team and play centrally with him and Sissoko. No messing about.

Remy - Cisse - Benny up top.

It's got to beee eee eee ee ee e, this team. Hoping Pardew will have faith with them.

Out of the current personnel then maybe it's our best bet, although if we bring anyone else in (ha) I'm getting to the stage where I'd be dropping Papiss.

Excellent player. I think Cabaye needs to go into the team and play centrally with him and Sissoko. No messing about.

Yup honestly think Anita is better at keeping us ticking over and starting attacks but Cabaye is more of a creator.

Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye Hatem-Remy-Cisse is obviously the best set up.

Yup honestly think Anita is better at keeping us ticking over and starting attacks but Cabaye is more of a creator.

Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye Hatem-Remy-Cisse is obviously the best set up.

Agree on this!

Love when you think the ball to be played is out wide and he plays a real pacy ball up to the man checking to the ball upfield, its actually great to watch. Hopefully with Remy out there and his infinitely better ball control -- those will stick and the team will move forward.

I like this little fella, long may his run in the team continue. Tiote on the bench for the rest of his career here unless he HAS to play if someone is out.

Good player but  my god is he tiny, even Berbatov brushed him off the ball like a little kid.

Berbatov is hardly Shane Ferguson :lol: he may not be the most energetic player but he is certainly not weak.

I love this guy.

He is a beautifully uncomplicated and simple player, who understands the importance of not overdoing things in his position.

He makes sure he is always available for the pass, particularly when the defenders have the ball.

He then takes on the responsibility of playing short and forward passes on the ground (!) to get our more creative players on the ball.

Classy little player, who actually engages his brain on the pitch.

I love this guy.

He is a beautifully uncomplicated and simple player, who understands the importance of not overdoing things in his position.

He makes sure he is always available for the pass, particularly when the defenders have the ball.

He then takes on the responsibility of playing short and forward passes on the ground (!) to get our more creative players on the ball.

Classy little player, who actually engages his brain on the pitch.

Thank you. Absolutely spot on. Love this fucking guy.

Still fear a proper physical battle with him in the side anchoring. Berbatov nicked it off him with such ease. He had a lot of time on the ball today and he used the ball well.

That happened what, twice? Sounds more like confirmation bias than anything, people just waiting to see Anita lose possession so they can claim he's weak.

It's hardly as if Anita is coughing up possession as soon as any player larger than himself approaches. What he lacks in size, he more than makes up for in positioning and footwork. Far better defender than the bigger and "tougher" Tiote.

We don't need Anita to be more creative at all. We started saying that about tiote and look how that worked out.

We just need Anita to keep doing what he's been doing and let the actual creative players we have do the creating .

We don't need Anita to be more creative at all. We started saying that about tiote and look how that worked out.

We just need Anita to keep doing what he's been doing and let the actual creative players we have do the creating .

and as we get more players going forward, more gaps appear giving more options to play passes that dont have to be 'eye of the needle'.