Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

We're apparantley hoofing less than any other team so far this season.

Down to this man. Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space. Has to play, our most important midfielder.

And what we need to provide for him (and the team) are players who are also "Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space."

I saw a fare few times yesterday where Anita moved into space to receive the ball from the defense and then looking for the next pass but no one else was opening up to get in a position to receive his pass. He saw the need to move into space to make himself open for a pass, but it looks like none of the others are Ajax trained for this pass and move style football.

We only appear bottom of the long pass league because one of the games we couldn't get anywhere near the f***er to get the chance to hoof it.

Bit of both imo. You're right, we hardly touched the ball at the Etihad, but we have considerably reduced our over reliance on the hoof.

We're apparantley hoofing less than any other team so far this season.

Down to this man. Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space. Has to play, our most important midfielder.

And what we need to provide for him (and the team) are players who are also "Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space."

I saw a fare few times yesterday where Anita moved into space to receive the ball from the defense and then looking for the next pass but no one else was opening up to get in a position to receive his pass. He saw the need to move into space to make himself open for a pass, but it looks like none of the others are Ajax trained for this pass and move style football.

Fully agreed. I think Rémy can stretch teams and allow Ben Arfa some more space, Fulham doubled up on him all the time. Our full backs should be open more when Anita's on the ball, and Cabaye in a more advanced position than the quarter-back role would be another thing to make us more open and fluid in possession.

Guest bimpy474

As much as us non Pardew fans might not like it, we have hoofed less, considerably so. And it's a good thing thank god.

Although those stats must be wrong as didn't we play 54 long passes against Wham :lol:

Have noticed him winning a lot more midfield battles in the last two games than I saw him win in any of his games last season, hasn't put a foot wrong in two games and it would be ludicrous if the likes of Tiote walk back into the side, its important that Pardew puts his trust in Anita and allows him to continue to get to grips with the league, he's very impressive so far, I bet hes relieved aswell.

I'm not a pardew fan and I like it, always been of the belief that many of our players are good enough if just allowed to play instead of being prevented from doing so by the silver fox

If he goes out to play football and score goals with the players he has we'll have a decent enough season

Brings so much more to the team than current day Tiote. If Tiote can sort himself out then he might edge out Anita but at the moment it's Anita all day for me given the choice.

If he loses his place to Tiote when he returns its a joke imo

He should have been in the team over Tiote since Christmas. If Tiote comes straight back in it will be more than a joke.

Brings so much more to the team than current day Tiote. If Tiote can sort himself out then he might edge out Anita but at the moment it's Anita all day for me given the choice.

If he loses his place to Tiote when he returns its a joke imo

especially on the backs of what would be two sequences of solid performances (hopefully), the first was last season (before he was just about never heard from again, prior to current injuries).

If he's binned again (once Pardew has more options) the reality will hit that his career will be heading down the shitter under Pardew, and he would be more than entitled to lodge a transfer request, particularly with a WC looming with fringe-spots up for grabs in the n.t. squads.

Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko in a central three has to be given a go imo. 4-3-3 with Remy, HBA and Cisse up top. Worked a couple of years ago, would like to see it given a go with better players (Anita for Tiote, Sissoko for Guthrie/Jonas, Remy for Ba being about like for like as far as suitability to that left sided role goes.)

Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko in a central three has to be given a go imo. 4-3-3 with Remy, HBA and Cisse up top. Worked a couple of years ago, would like to see it given a go with better players (Anita for Tiote, Sissoko for Guthrie/Jonas, Remy for Ba being about like for like as far as suitability to that left sided role goes.)

The football that would ensue from that setup would be unreal.

Deeply depressing that we will likely never see that setup.

Purely because our manager has become possessed with the 4-4-2 formation.

He has decided that we weren't any good last year, because we didn't have two upfront.

An incredibly simple minded man is Alan Pardew. Incredibly so.

• 2 weeks later...

are you a witch?