Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I agree lads Cabaye will be flogged and replaced in January...

It leaves us at the mercy of:

Pardew's shit team selections and injuries.

Personally i don't rate Gosling or Bigi I can see Jonas being reinvented as a central midfielder once Cabaye goes.

I think if we played it like this today we would have won.

Sissoko    Anita

HBA                Marveaux          Sammy

Gouffran

Guest alijmitchell

A very tidy player yes, but never stands out IMO, always seems to tick over nicely without really creating or having a massive influence on the match.

Incorrect

A very tidy player yes, but never stands out IMO, always seems to tick over nicely without really creating or having a massive influence on the match.

That was his role at Ajax, To cover the space left behind by attacking forwards/Midfielders and to recycle possession.

Doesn't set the world alight but had a good game. Can;t rely on him being a constant creative force though

That's not what he is there for though,  his job to keep the team ticking over and have a more dictating influence than a creative influence.

As said i like him and Anita and Sissoko as a CM partnership but they need someone creative in front of them.

Doesn't set the world alight but had a good game. Can;t rely on him being a constant creative force though

That's not what he is there for though,  his job to keep the team ticking over and have a more dictating influence than a creative influence.

As said i like him and Anita and Sissoko as a CM partnership but they need someone creative in front of them.

Someone like Marveaux in front of them?

Guest icemanblue

Good game from him. When he's moving the ball so quickly like that, his size doesn't matter. Very pleased he's had a performance like this, up against a beast in centre midfield, so early in the season.