Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Would have been my man of the match had it not been for Hatem's near-perfect showing today. :thup:

There was a brilliant bit of play when he got it near the dugouts and span two players with a class bit of skill and then dissected them with a pass through to Sissoko waiting in the centre circle. He's a very polished, tidy player and his energy and precision really add a lot to our midfield. I love Vurn.

Just watching us on match choice and little Vurn looks canny

He's neat and tidy on the ball, can pick out a pass and isn't afraid to get stuck in :thup:

Hopefully he's beginning to settle into English football and finding his feet.

Would like him to get a descent run in the side.

I like him

He sees his next pass before he's even got the ball.

This, over and over and over again. And again. Haven't had anyone in CM of that ilk for a long time now. Hope AP appreciates what he does for the team, and keeps him in the team.

Also, he continues to show that his perceived "lack of physicality" is utter bollocks.

He does have a lack of physicality and that's very blatant. He's been playing to his strengths alongside an absolute beast in the last 3 games, though and we've looked so much better for it. Twice the footballer Tiote is, that's for sure.

Watch this guy get moved to the bench. Jonas on the left and a non-working, non-existent 4-4-2 next weekend.

That's my worry - Taylor, Jonas and Tiote come back in as default. Anita has looked good every game this season but I fear he is Pardew's "fall guy".

Didn't notice him today which was a good sign.  :)

I don't know how, he was involved loads.

I barely noticed him either and still not convinced about him. Does the whoscored site have stats showing touches, passes etc for individuals?

He was very good yesterday, kept thing ticking over nicely.

Didn't notice him today which was a good sign.  :)

I don't know how, he was involved loads.

I barely noticed him either and still not convinced about him. Does the whoscored site have stats showing touches, passes etc for individuals?

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719957/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Aston-Villa-Newcastle-United