Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Tidy player. Makes crisp passes, recycles the ball, and keeps the game flowing.

Should have been starting long before now. If Pardew drops him for Tiote or Jonas, it'll be a crime.

He will though.

Do what we know what his pass completion was today? I don't recall him giving it away

once i can remember, bundled off the ball, not a failed pass. MotM for me till he went off.

92%, only Colo bettered him with 93%. Doing his job very well.

Do what we know what his pass completion was today? I don't recall him giving it away

once i can remember, bundled off the ball, not a failed pass. MotM for me till he went off.

92%, only Colo bettered him with 93%. Doing his job very well.

Cheers rich very impressive he saw plenty of the ball too.

Marv stopped coming so deep when he realised Anita could play out from the back

Needless to say i feel more safe with him in front of our back 4 than i do when Tiote plays.

defensively i'm wary of both. hopefully it's just till anita gets up to speed.

Anita will never be a tackler to be honest.

He takes up very good positions and jockeys his opponents.

Guest bimpy474

I just feel more safe because he doesn't start opposition attacks by gifting them the ball every time he gets it.

And he recycles possession quickly, he doesn't hold it until he gets robbed of it.

Guest bimpy474

Playing though him instead of over him doesn't half make him and us look better.

Indeed

Such a lovely player who makes it look so simple. He doesn't hold on to the ball too long, gets it and gives it quickly

Aye, exactly  O0

I just feel more safe because he doesn't start opposition attacks by gifting them the ball every time he gets it.

oh aye. theres no comparisson when on the ball. i'm sure anita will look even better given more options (ie us stretching other teams by having more going forward.............sorry for constantly banging that drum)

We're apparantley hoofing less than any other team so far this season.

Down to this man. Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space. Has to play, our most important midfielder.

Where did you find that stat?

We're apparantley hoofing less than any other team so far this season.

Down to this man. Always open, always moving, always an option, always finds space. Has to play, our most important midfielder.

Where did you find that stat?

I saw the same stat on twitter.... we average less long balls than anyone at the moment and i guarantee you the majority of our long balls have been from Krul :lol: