Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Where to play Demba is probably going to be the biggest headache earlier on. If only he enjoyed playing left of Cisse we would be set.

--------------Krul----------------

?----Taylor--coloccini--santon

---------tiote-----anita--------

-------------cabaye

ben arfa-----------------ba

--------------cisse---------

or I maybe

Cabaye----tiote-----Anita

-----------Ben Arfa-------

----Cisse------------Ba----

Either way im not sure where Jonas would slot in.

As long as all 3 of the CM's are fit and Pards doesnt decide to rotate for an upcoming game those are the systems i see us using.

Really optimistic about what this signing could mean in terms of style of play. Pardew has stated time and time again that controlling the midfield is crucial to the possession style he wants to instill. As Anita is presumably one for the first XI (whatever conversation he had with Pards must have gone well), that can only mean he plays alongside Tiote as an anchoring pair. That would be tremendously exciting since it would then allow the front four of Ba/Cisse/Cabaye/HBA to have enormous amounts of freedom and movement knowing the midfield is under control.

It also helps with depth in a position requiring lots of energy/exertion in a season hopefully full of games. We shouldn't get overrun in the middle with Anita and Tiote. I'm very encouraged by the move.

Spoke to my dutch mate about him, he had this to say about him "yea like that guy u have from twente tiote..but technically better, not as tough though  but much quicker and versitale as f***"

or anita player, if you will

We now have the ability to play an array of different roles in the centre of the park and dictate matches more-so now than ever. With Tiote, Anita as our two DCMs and in reserve you have Perchinho, Abeid, and Bigi. Then you have Yo and Jonas capable of playing more advanced and/or box-to-box with Gosling, Amalfitano, and hell even Marv could play more advanced.  Fact is, we have options, we have cover for ACON/injuries/suspensions and the busy fixture list.  I think this was an extremely important signing given the length of our season and moving forward.  Hopefully it becomes official soon and we can look to getting other targets across the line.

That's really what I'm looking for, options and we're steadily building that.

JUST NEED DEBUCHY  :sweetjesus:

ASHLEY MAN PPPLLLEEEAASSSSSEEEEE !!!!!!!!

Really optimistic about what this signing could mean in terms of style of play. Pardew has stated time and time again that controlling the midfield is crucial to the possession style he wants to instill. As Anita is presumably one for the first XI (whatever conversation he had with Pards must have gone well), that can only mean he plays alongside Tiote as an anchoring pair. That would be tremendously exciting since it would then allow the front four of Ba/Cisse/Cabaye/HBA to have enormous amounts of freedom and movement knowing the midfield is under control.

It also helps with depth in a position requiring lots of energy/exertion in a season hopefully full of games. We shouldn't get overrun in the middle with Anita and Tiote. I'm very encouraged by the move.

Also, if we manage to get an attacking right back (Debuchy or similar), we can have two full backs pushing on with the new RB and Santon bombing forward and Anita/Tioté able to cover up.

I think this signing might mean that Pardew wants to play someone in the hole behind Cissé and Ba. Ben Arfa presumably.

Any signing that keeps us moving away from a flat 4-4-2 is a great thing IMO.

Between Tiote, Cabaye, Anita, Jonas and hopefully Amalfitano we should be able to field a pretty competitive three man midfield, allowing Ben Arfa to play a bit further up.

We've got some exciting things we can do with the current squad, if we can get a RB in and add maybe one more attacking player after that then we'll be right in with a shout of replicating last season's league form.

Also, if we manage to get an attacking right back (Debuchy or similar), we can have two full backs pushing on with the new RB and Santon bombing forward and Anita/Tioté able to cover up.

I think this signing might mean that Pardew wants to play someone in the hole behind Cissé and Ba. Ben Arfa presumably.

4-3-3 at default. Can it really be?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71gi4u6LM1qci2i3.jpg

Don't forget Marv in a 3 man midfield either, he's very capable of paying there IMO.

Think he's better suited to being one of the front three personally, but yeah he could do a job in the middle.

Guest WashyGeordie

Danny Carrington ‏@_dancarrington

@lee_ryder cheers lee i missed the tweets from Sky, BBC ,most local radio stations and the old drunk bloke who sits in mcdonalds #nufc

:lol:

:lol:

Any signing that keeps us moving away from a flat 4-4-2 is a great thing IMO.

Between Tiote, Cabaye, Anita, Jonas and hopefully Amalfitano we should be able to field a pretty competitive three man midfield, allowing Ben Arfa to play a bit further up.

We've got some exciting things we can do with the current squad, if we can get a RB in and add maybe one more attacking player after that then we'll be right in with a shout of replicating last season's league form.

Prefer a another forward to a CB then?