Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Aside from the jokes, gifs etc, he would be excellent for us in centre mid. Not sure about left back like, has a wiff of Ryan Taylor about it. I'm sure the dutchies here will have seen him there more times then I have.

Agree, from what I've read, LB wouldn't be his strongest position, DM playmaker looks very much like his role here imo.

Would allow Yoyo to play slighty more advanced with Mr T doing the damage in the middle.

Can see a 4-1-4-1 possibly if it required it although time will tell.

While I agree with a lot of your positivity, you seem to be clutching at straws aswell :lol:

Shola is not the man.  Cisse and Ba could get injured and then we're fucked.

We definitely need another striker, more than a center back.

:lol:

How dare you! :lol:

Strange transfer. We've got Tiote and Bigirimana, we have only three centre backs, three forwards and our right backs contract is running out and we bring in another DM?

I hope he isn't set to be a replacement for a Tiote, who happens to be injured right now.

Fingers crossed this is an addition and we will also get the players we urgently need in defence and attack. It doesn't seem like Ashley's style to do that though, generally players we have signed have been replacements for outgoing players. Cisse was the exception, though you could argue he was a belated replacement for Carroll, not to mention Best and Lovenkrands left soon after.

OR: Pardew recognize that we'll be very flexible and able to adapt several different systems and formations if we have different types of players. Maybe he realizes that this is something that this signing enables us to play Anita with both Cabaye and Tiote, either one of them etc. We now have three very capable CMs, that's just beautiful to me. We looked brilliant with Guthrie sitting next to Tioté behind Cabaye last season. We looked brilliant with Jonas next to Tioté behind Cabaye last season. We'll be brilliant with this lad next to Tioté this season.

If Pardew is serious about a more possession based game, this signing is terrific.

I hope you're right. But I don't remember anyone crying out for a DM a few weeks back.

I thought Bigi/Amalfitano covered Guthrie's departure. Now this guy has come in and Tiote is injured, it makes you think.

Any quality addition is welcome in my eyes, I just hope he's an addition is all I'm saying. If he relegates a first-teamer like Gutierrez then we'll have serious depth there, but that's never been Ashley's style. To my mind, every major signing has been a replacement.

It is also strange we have stumped up the money for this guy but wouldn't do the same for a right back, a position that is weaker than DM for us.

Tiote

Cabaye  Anita

Imagine being an MC for another team and running into this :lol:

I'm thinking Anita sitting deeper with Tioté, allowing Cabaye to put in more Stoke-esque performances. I'm also thinking Anita doing most of the passing out of defence into Cabaye or Hatem. Fucking exciting.

Guest Big Al

I'm thinking

(TBA)  Saylor  Colo  Santon

Anita

HBA  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas/Marv

Cisse/Ba

:frantic:

I like the concept of (TBA)+HBA down the right!

Where to play Demba is probably going to be the biggest headache earlier on. If only he enjoyed playing left of Cisse we would be set.

--------------Krul----------------

?----Taylor--coloccini--santon

---------tiote-----anita--------

-------------cabaye

ben arfa-----------------ba

--------------cisse---------

or I maybe

Cabaye----tiote-----Anita

-----------Ben Arfa-------

----Cisse------------Ba----

Either way im not sure where Jonas would slot in.

We now have the ability to play an array of different roles in the centre of the park and dictate matches more-so now than ever. With Tiote, Anita as our two DCMs and in reserve you have Perchinho, Abeid, and Bigi. Then you have Yo and Jonas capable of playing more advanced and/or box-to-box with Gosling, Amalfitano, and hell even Marv could play more advanced.  Fact is, we have options, we have cover for ACON/injuries/suspensions and the busy fixture list.  I think this was an extremely important signing given the length of our season and moving forward.  Hopefully it becomes official soon and we can look to getting other targets across the line.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Was watching skysports news when the yellow bar flashed the news, that very rarely happens, lets hope one or two follow.