Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I really can't see Jonas being demoted to the bench. Not for awhile anyway.

No benching, rotation we have lots of games and Pardew already said no one will play every game even Colo.

hope krul does. the alternatives are less appetising than for the outfield players.

I really can't see Jonas being demoted to the bench. Not for awhile anyway.

No benching, rotation we have lots of games and Pardew already said no one will play every game even Colo.

hope krul does. the alternatives are less appetising than for the outfield players.

Krul is a little different as he's a GK he doesnt need to be rested anywhere near like outfield players do.

Don't think we will push this one, up to Ajax to come down to our price if this happens at all, imo.

I think we need him though, I don't think Abeid, Bigi or Vuckic are ready for starting roles yet. His versatility would be handy too.

As some people have already mentioned, the fact that he's able to cover DM and RB/LB can only be a good thing. An improvement on Raylor, if you will.

The £8 million fee is a bit too steep though. Wait and see on this one methinks, this rumour won't be going away any time soon.

Guest ThievingMagpie

£8m is a bit pie in the sky for him imo but I think if we land him for £6-7m i'd be happy

Guest ThievingMagpie

Think Bigiramana is the cheaper alternative.

He's only 18, it'd be daft to expect an 18 year old to be able to adapt quickly to the premiership and contribute immediately, I think he's a medium term project who will probably become a first teamer within the next 2-3 years.

I've never seen this as a likely transfer TBH, i think he's a player whom we have bid for and moved on.

He's a young talent, who is clearly rated by our scouting team, that's why we are/were after him. I'm not convinced his position on the pitch matters as much as his potential.

Asked about him on another site and got rave reviews. Short in stature and build but good on the ball, crisp passer and athletic.

Seems his best attribute is his intelligence on the pitch and ability to read the game. When he was placed back as a holding midfielder they went on a magnificent 14 game winning streak where he was a key component - intercepting and stopping situations before they happen, making key challenges, great understanding with Vertonghen allowing him to move upfield in possession and Anita filled the gap left behind naturally. His flexibility allowed them to change systems during a game.

All-round very positive. Says that although his attributes and size might suit another league more he'd have no problem in England.

That basically explains what i have seen of him, which is about 15 games. ( mixture of CL, Europa League and Eredivisie)

In style when i first saw him, who he reminded me of was Busquets although as you say he's more athletic and quite frankly he's probably more comfortable in the final third should he find himself in that area of the pitch.

Obviously the fact he can play fullback is a massive boost to us as well if we were to sign him, from what i have seen which is enough to understand his strengths and weaknesses. I feel he has the potential to be a very good player at the very least, and i do expect him to start for Holland before too long.

Asked about him on another site and got rave reviews. Short in stature and build but good on the ball, crisp passer and athletic.

Seems his best attribute is his intelligence on the pitch and ability to read the game. When he was placed back as a holding midfielder they went on a magnificent 14 game winning streak where he was a key component - intercepting and stopping situations before they happen, making key challenges, great understanding with Vertonghen allowing him to move upfield in possession and Anita filled the gap left behind naturally. His flexibility allowed them to change systems during a game.

All-round very positive. Says that although his attributes and size might suit another league more he'd have no problem in England.

The mould of player we need if we want to be successful in Europe and take points off the top teams consistently in this league.

Can't see us buying 4 players (not including development players) and think RB, CB and a forward are far more important.

Aye, in order of priority I'd like.

Full back

Centre half

Winger/striker type

Central midfielder

Our policy does seem to place a lot of emphasis on getting value for money though. If we feel Anita can be gotten at what we think is a good price I won't be surprised if he's brought in before we've strengthened other more pressing positions. We saw last August with our failure to sign a striker and in January with no CB coming in that we won't pay over the odds for players, even if it leaves us short.

Yeah that's the priority for me too. I know Pardew says we will only buy 3 players with the 3rd being a striker, but if the value is there for a player we want then i wouldn't be surprised if we buy Anita as well.

If not, there's always other targets or January. :pow:

Different type of player. Anita is a defensive midfielder, bigi isn't.

Bigirimana is still young though so we could yet concentrate our efforts into developing him into a DM - certainly has the attributes to be one.

Can't see us buying 4 players (not including development players) and think RB, CB and a forward are far more important.

Aye, in order of priority I'd like.

Full back

Centre half

Winger/striker type

Central midfielder

Our policy does seem to place a lot of emphasis on getting value for money though. If we feel Anita can be gotten at what we think is a good price I won't be surprised if he's brought in before we've strengthened other more pressing positions. We saw last August with our failure to sign a striker and in January with no CB coming in that we won't pay over the odds for players, even if it leaves us short.

Good point :thup:

Bigirimana is still young though so we could yet concentrate our efforts into developing him into a DM - certainly has the attributes to be one.

What's that based on?

What's that based on?

That's pretty much based on what others have said about him ;) We'll see what happens anyway but I do think that the plan is to develop Bigirimana into a DM.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7908795/

Sky Sports understands Newcastle target Vurnon Anita has informed Ajax he wants to leave the club.

Newcastle have been chasing the Dutch international and have already seen one bid in the region of £5million rejected for his services.

Ajax are reluctant to lose the 23-year-old and are thought to be holding out for a fee of £8million for the midfielder.

Anita is keen to make the move to the Premier League and is hoping Newcastle can strike a deal with Ajax.

Anita is understood to have held talks with Ajax's new sporting director Marc Overmars on Tuesday and has told the club that he wants to move on.

The news is a boost for Newcastle as they look to secure the signing of Anita and they hope his request to leave will speed up his possible arrival on Tyneside.

:frantic: