Alan Pardew

Dave

Also the stuff about Cabaye and Tiote coping against midfield 3's is bollocks, it's one of the main things that was said on here last season, we were regularly out played in the middle, every now and then we weren't but it was the exception to the rule.

"The Europa League’s meant we’ve swapped from system to system."

Right Alan, so that's not you picking the formation and tactics then, it's the competitions we're playing in?

thats like blaming poor first team displays on the the style played by the reserves a few days earlier.

Also the stuff about Cabaye and Tiote coping against midfield 3's is bollocks, it's one of the main things that was said on here last season, we were regularly out played in the middle, every now and then we weren't but it was the exception to the rule.

Aye, and the only reason we coped with two strikers was that the vast majority was spent lumping it up to Best to hold onto, which he was good at but was a style that was never going to get us anywhere near where we want to be. Why are we now asking Cisse to do the job that Leon Best was doing, as if two strikers are completely interchangeable on account of the fact that they're two strikers? Might as well ask Craig Bellamy or Michael Owen to bring balls down with snow on.

Ahead of Saturday's tricky home tie with Swansea, Pardew said: "We are all kind of looking at each other. We want to get firing, we want to score three or four goals and set the stadium alight.

"But it's not as simple as that, sometimes you have to graft your way through periods like this.

"I will be surprised if we go from West Ham to a real champagne performance. I think it will be something in-between - hopefully."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8252118

Seriously Pardew has no interest on the offensive part of the game, he prioritize on stopping the opposition and hoping  the players to score a couple and hold on.

8 years of stability, come on grow a pair, let the players play ffs.

Preparing us for the shambles that is coming? :lol:

On one hand I'm quite sympathetic towards Pardew; with such a limited squad it must be difficult to prepare for two games per week.

On the other that's the ticket he chose in coming to work here under such financial prudence, it's up to him to make it work.

And we haven't played a Europa League game this week. Over to you Alan.

Give him a chance, he's said that he's recognised the problem, he might come up with an answer.  I'm not too bothered about what he says, I'm more interested in his actions.

It's a fair point.

You could argue that he already has got his chance. He´s been here 2 years now and for what I can tell his gone backwards the last 6 months. That´s not the sign for me that he will turn anything around no matter the reasons to it. I think there is no coming back.

Give him a chance, he's said that he's recognised the problem, he might come up with an answer.  I'm not too bothered about what he says, I'm more interested in his actions.

It's a fair point.

You could argue that he already has got his chance. He´s been here 2 years now and for what I can tell his gone backwards the last 6 months. That´s not the sign for me that he will turn anything around no matter the reasons to it. I think there is no coming back.

:jesuswept:

These discussions are strangely similar to the ones on this forum just before the winning streak and change of system last season.

In fact the quotes from Pardew are also strangely familiar.

Would be great if the Swansea game can be the Norwich (H) of this season.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a fair point.

I think you should give up...just in general.

Give him a chance, he's said that he's recognised the problem, he might come up with an answer.

So what he does isn't important, it's what he's saying. OK. Fair enough.

I'm not too bothered about what he says, I'm more interested in his actions.

Ah. So it's not what he says. It's what he does.

:frantic:

Guest Dontooner

laughable, Pardew tend to say things that i like to hear but show absolutely no actions on those words. A bit like my subordinate that does fuck all but can sell himself to the devil. 

It's a fair point.

Had his chance?  Priceless.

His words don't usually relate to his actions that closely, but aye we'll see.

losing my patience with his sales-man type speeches, he's a politicians, tells the people what they want to hear, well he's not pulling the wool over my eyes.

he can't use excuses such as lack of financial reasons , thats unacceptable.  Most of us can deal with shyte boring but functional football, aslong it gets results,  but keep dishing out the same old shyt turgid performances with piss poor results and he will soon know how fast the toon fans can turn the tide on him, and i wont be amongst any of the ones who will feel sorry for the man.

I don't care if a player is being payed £100 or £100,000 a week,  it's not fucking difficult to tell them how to make a five yard pass , you dont need to be Lionel Messi to be able to pass a simple ball.  Fuck we all been in the schoolyards with a fucking tennis ball its not rocket science kicking something around.

Fuck off pardew shitter teams on less money are resembling the look of a football team.

all we got now is a manager 'coaching' a bunch of men to run around the field trying to impersonate footballers, and most of us arent really convinced.

Give him a chance, he's said that he's recognised the problem, he might come up with an answer.

So what he does isn't important, it's what he's saying. OK. Fair enough.

I'm not too bothered about what he says, I'm more interested in his actions.

Ah. So it's not what he says. It's what he does.

:frantic:

I'm not really sure why you found the need to break up my post like that.  :lol:  Maybe I'm missing something.

His words don't usually relate to his actions that closely, but aye we'll see.

My problem with him this season, and for quite a bit of last, has been that he's set us up to play a certain way which hasn't worked and he's repeated it time, after time, after time, after time.  At least he seems to recognise whatever he's been doing hasn't been working and at least he now claims he'll do something about it.

I see that at least as being a change in his stance and hope that his actions back up his words, if they don't then he's an idiot and possibly a lost cause.  To recognise a mistake and then repeat it is worse for me and I'm hopeful that it's not going to happen.  At the same time, I do know that he talks a good talk.

This is a big week for Pardew and for us regardless of the results.  You can play brilliantly at times and get done by a sucker goal so I’m looking more at how we go about the game than the result. 

If we hoof the ball tomorrow against Swansea, he’s an idiot.  We’ve got enough injuries and a suspension to justify him changing the way that we play.  He could move Ba and tell him that he’s our most important player with Cabaye being out.  He could easily go 4-3-3 with Marveaux taking the place of Cabaye as our play maker.  If he goes as some have suggested with Tiote, Perch and Anita then we might struggle to make a positive impact because two of those are not creative players and the other is still getting up to speed.  I hope we play a 3 man midfield of Tiote, Marveaux and Anita, and a front 3 of Ba left, Cisse central and Ben Arfa of the right.  I can see no reason why we can’t do that and have our front 3 changing things around once we’re into the game.

He’s claimed that Europe is getting in the way because we have play two different styles with two different teams.  The answer to that problem will be seen on Thursday and if he again makes 9 or 10 changes then he’s an idiot, 2 home games should be well within our better players capabilities.  Also, I fully believe that the players who got us into Europe deserve to be able to play in the competition. 

Some of our fans have said that the Europa is a Mickey Mouse competition and that may be true, I can’t remember any of our players having a go about it so they may not feel the same way so let them play.  Let our better players build up an understanding with each other from one game to the next.  Forget about the opposition and concentrate on what we do as a team as we should be able to carry good play from one game to the next.

We don’t need to field two teams a week and it’s clearly not helping our build up to games when we’re doing it.

Pardew is a puzzle, he’s played a strong team in the domestic cups against shit opposition when we could have done with playing hungrier and motivated players yet in Europe he’s doing the opposite, why?  It doesn’t make the slightest bit of sense to me and it never will.

I agree with Mick, I don't think Pardew has a fucking clue what he's doing, I don't think the players like the way we play and I'm sure most of them don't think it suits them individually. It's maybe not Pardew's fault that he still has to pick Simpson, Williamson and Krul who really are professional hoofballers, but as they are the best we have he could try and encourage them to keep the ball and pass it to one of their own players, rather than blast it forwards. Talking of Krul, he gets no where near the criticism he should get for his awful distribution and lack of basic football skills. Maybe we made the wrong choice, Fraser looks like the real deal in every way.