Alan Pardew

Dave

Like I said I've never seen anything like what happend in that second half yesterday :undecided:.................

Let me refresh your memory then. Second half against WBA in his first season here. We were 3-0 up and we ended up shipping 4 goals in 45 mins which cost us 4 places in the league and probably a few million quid. I can't remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure he made a few spastic changes in that game as well.

Just in case anyone's under the illusion it was just bad luck yesterday.

'Magic'

Guest bimpy474

Like I said I've never seen anything like what happend in that second half yesterday :undecided:.................

Let me refresh your memory then. Second half against WBA in his first season here. We were 3-0 up and we ended up shipping 4 goals in 45 mins which cost us 4 places in the league and probably a few million quid. I can't remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure he made a few spastic changes in that game as well.

Tell you what with a memory like that i'm astounded.

We let in 3 goals. :lol:

Despite all the evidence I see there are still quite a few saying he deserves more of a chance, or don't get rid just yet.

I think we're on the brink of a precipice. If he doesn't turn it round we're relegated, half the team will want out. The only players definitely not leaving would be Cabaye and Debuchy, Debuchy because he just got here and Cabaye because he's not going to run out on his best mate just after he got here. A season later though and they'd both be agitating for a move too. As the better players leave and are replaced with lesser models can anyone see Pardew managing to get out of the Championship? He can't even get our current team playing football for more than the odd 20 minute spell in 3 games or so.

Injuries and Europe as excuses just don't wash. Injuries can hinder a team and make them a bit disjointed but not to the extent we have witnessed. Pardews philosophy is not to get beat. He was a defender as a player and always looks to nullify the opposition. He is not very good at it and we, as a consequence, are constantly hampered in attacking play due to the focus on stopping the other team.

Time and time again he has tried to defend a 1 goal lead. The last occasion just yesterday when at home, playing well and against a team that had never won away from home this season. Everyone but Pardew knew what was going to happen and it duly did.

He has to go or we are fucked with a giant capital F.

Question is: at what point will he be sacked? Losing to Villa? When we are bottom three? When we are relegated? .

... (sly edit, because i've entertained this as a possibility) If we're not on track to replicating our last promotion campaign? (on a point comparison against Hughton's record)

He has to go. I can't see any convincing argument for otherwise. Giving him 'time' has been done and because of his inadequacies further time will only be counterproductive. We can be fearful of who will come next; but to me its like 127 hours. Pardew is the crushing boulder of negativity; made heavier by the twats on top off him. We need to do something drastic and costly that will hurt us but at least there is a chance we may make it. Our arm is gone or tied behind our back with having Ashley as owner but as least we are alive to fight another day. Stay under this boulder and we die.

It felt like defeat so pardon the odd memory lapse :lol:

Despite all the evidence I see there are still quite a few saying he deserves more of a chance, or don't get rid just yet.

I think we're on the brink of a precipice. If he doesn't turn it round we're relegated, half the team will want out. The only players definitely not leaving would be Cabaye and Debuchy, Debuchy because he just got here and Cabaye because he's not going to run out on his best mate just after he got here. A season later though and they'd both be agitating for a move too. As the better players leave and are replaced with lesser models can anyone see Pardew managing to get out of the Championship? He can't even get our current team playing football for more than the odd 20 minute spell in 3 games or so.

Injuries and Europe as excuses just don't wash. Injuries can hinder a team and make them a bit disjointed but not to the extent we have witnessed. Pardews philosophy is not to get beat. He was a defender as a player and always looks to nullify the opposition. He is not very good at it and we, as a consequence, are constantly hampered in attacking play due to the focus on stopping the other team.

Time and time again he has tried to defend a 1 goal lead. The last occasion just yesterday when at home, playing well and against a team that had never won away from home this season. Everyone but Pardew knew what was going to happen and it duly did.

He has to go or we are f***ed with a giant capital F.

I agree with all you've said, bar one thing ie. Debuchy & Cabaye staying aboard the sunken ship, below sealevel in the event of relegation, for the reasons you state.

Both have noteworthy claims in the French squad, in what is a WC qualification year ie. the business end

Championship football (competing against sub-par teams, and out of the selection spotlight which PL and european football delivers) damages their hopes for selection. I think any comradery between the two would be placed on the backburner.

Next on sunday supplement, well the panel discussing him and the Toon

Aye, the usual shite on that show. Didn't pinpoint any of the real problems. One even said this is our level, basically letting Pardew off. Sorry, but this squad is better than bottom 5 under a decent manager.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, you're right it did feel like a defeat.

I was at that game, last game of the season and we were 3 nil up. We were so comfortable that we all decided to leave to watch who got relegated at half time. Next thing you know they had come back and we all couldn't believe it considering we'd pissed the first half without getting out of first gear.

Aye, you're right it did feel like a defeat.

really pissed me off, had been all set to stay behind for the lap of honour but it totally changed the mood