Alan Pardew

Dave

Not even a little bit?

Not for me. With this team, only the basics needs to be in place. It will probably be in spite of him.

If we're ahead against Villa come the 60th minute mark he'll probably replace Marv, Sissoko and Gouffran with Perch, Jonas and Shola. Do not underestimate Pardew's talent.

EDIT: This isn't a joke post, I fully expect that to happen.

"What all our signings this window bring is essential competition for places and that is great for the remainder of the season."

I have a lot of respect for him for these signings. I know he doesn't have as much input as some other managers do/did, but he's the man in the hotseat right now and at the very least he deserves credit for persuading the owner to spend this much. I certainly wasn't expecting us to spend anywhere near £20m.

Aside from the blatant lies at the start of the season, he's always insisted that he needed a bigger and better squad and it's hard to argue with that given the daft 11 purples theory from his MD. Now we need to show much better on the pitch. Results are the most important thing at the moment, but a bit of good football wouldn't go amiss.

Alors Alan...over to you.

The new signings will be a much needed boost for us and certainly for Pardew. But now it's time for him to show us what he's really made of...will he be up for the task? We shall see...like Cajun said last night, it's almost as if he's been given a clean slate. No more excuses now.

Been posted? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21200978

"We want to make our own players, but the truth is the players from the academy we put in haven't produced."

"I'm hoping it's too early for them, and that Sammy [Ameobi] and Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Adam Campbell come through.

"They need to, because we can't keep buying players."

If you can't learn about being a person and a footballer from Yohan Cabaye, then you shouldn't be a footballer. The guy gives you everything," he said.

"He's not a local boy, he's not from London or Manchester - he's from France. It's about good players and that's what the Newcastle's fans want.

"The game has changed, the English game is morphing into the European game. There's more thinking, the passion and the speed is often tweaked up for the Premier League

Pardew said: 'The Reading game was a watershed moment for me and showed that we needed to take action.

'I thought regardless of substitutions and everything else and the mood of the stadium, the second-half performance wasn't good enough for us, and that was one too many for me.

'There were key areas in the team that needed strengthening because the most important thing for a Premier League team is competition.

'Some of these players have been playing under no pressure in terms of their performances perhaps, but they will be better with competition.'

Again, sounds like some cages were rattled. Can't argue with the response.

Pardew said: 'The Reading game was a watershed moment for me and showed that we needed to take action.

'I thought regardless of substitutions and everything else and the mood of the stadium, the second-half performance wasn't good enough for us, and that was one too many for me.

'There were key areas in the team that needed strengthening because the most important thing for a Premier League team is competition.

'Some of these players have been playing under no pressure in terms of their performances perhaps, but they will be better with competition.'

It does, and you're right, we can't.

This is a shit or bust move for sure.

We've signed some really quality here, for incredible money in the current market, it's nearly unbelievable in all honesty, haven't really had the time to process it all as they came tumbling in one after another  :lol:

Remember it not that long ago Mbiwa and Sissoko were getting the  :yao: face, when mentioned with us (and rightly so too) but here they are none the less.

An incredible. incredible 5 or so days :indi:

If only.

What's important now is that they get the results to keep us up and then try and push up the league and at the end of the season they review what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again. They need to peddle Shola, Williamson and Jonas at the end of the season and bring  in good squad players, preferably british and hungry, maybe look in championship and league 1 and see if any players can step up

I'm in no doubt the Pardew fully realises he is on the precipice and very close to confirming the Charlatan that he is. It is make or break and these signings may well have saved his arse, maybe beyond the summer too.

He certainly knows he wont get a job bigger than this, if he doesnt throw everything at it now welcome to punditry.

Guest BrightonMag

"I'm hoping it's too early for them, and that Sammy [Ameobi] and Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Adam Campbell come through.

"They need to, because we can't keep buying players."

I'm not particularly happy with the younger players getting a significant share of the blame for this season. IMO Ferguson has played better than Jonas this season, even though both have been a bit up and down (at least Ferguson as left midfield has shown some genuine beating his man, dribbling, and left wing crosses) and Campbell has looked very promising in the very few minutes we've seen him play. (as an aside, Dummet was fine when he came on at Brighton, and I did hear that he was man of the match when losing 5-0 to Celtic a while back)

Does anyone still think we'd find it hard to attract another manager? I'd bet most of the French managers would be pretty keen.

I'd think if we were to get rid our next manager would be French, it would make more sense and they'd be less inclined to know much about MA!