Alan Pardew

Dave

While some might disagree, I think he should get the sack. For me, he is not the man to drive this club forward.

In the summer, I would agree but sadly I can't see it unless we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth...

While some might disagree, I think he should get the sack. For me, he is not the man to drive this club forward.

In the summer, I would agree but sadly I can't see it unless we escape relegation by the skin of our teeth...

As long as we survive they won't sack him

Though I wish at the end of the season we make a move like Southampton did

I´ve got so envy looking at the movement Spurs had yesterday. They had so many more levels than us and I just can´t see us ever being so good under Pardew. It´s not just the passing and movement that has been lacking, it´s also the speed we do things that just are so slow, and you could easily see the different in that game.

I´ve got so envy looking at the movement Spurs had yesterday. They had so many more levels than us and I just can´t see us ever being so good under Pardew. It´s not just the passing and movement that has been lacking, it´s also the speed we do things that just are so slow, and you could easily see the different in that game.

They have built that squad over about 8 years. We are progressing but it will take a while before we can match them.

They closed us down very well high up the pitch at times, and AVB is obviously a much more in depth coach for passing game, but all in all don't think we were that far off them. Having said that they did have some fluidity and as said they expertly countered Santon's threat. I rate AVB and think he's way more tactically astute than Pardew (maybe worse at man management but seems to be doing very well for Spurs right now) and he's coached clever movement into Lennon.

Didn't really look at them and think they're way better though. I did earlier in the season, but I think they don't quite have a clever enough midfielder atm. Dembele can be great but they don't have a Cabaye and it shows with a lot of their goals coming from individual efforts and really having to sweat goals out of the team.

They closed us down very well high up the pitch at times, and AVB is obviously a much more in depth coach for passing game, but all in all don't think we were that far off them. Having said that they did have some fluidity and as said they expertly countered Santon's threat. I rate AVB and think he's way more tactically astute than Pardew (maybe worse at man management but seems to be doing very well for Spurs right now) and he's coached clever movement into Lennon.

Didn't really look at them and think they're way better though. I did earlier in the season, but I think they don't quite have a clever enough midfielder atm. Dembele can be great but they don't have a Cabaye and it shows with a lot of their goals coming from individual efforts and really having to sweat goals out of the team.

Yeah, good post. It´s really felt that Pardew was out coached with the high pressure and shooting down our best players. Fair play to them, but it was frustrating.

Guest Dontooner

Yeah, good post. It´s really felt that Pardew was out coached with the high pressure and shooting down our best players. Fair play to them, but it was frustrating.

One of the key weakest of  teams set up by Pardew, is slow  rhythm we play. We are much better with a slow build up game and has very little tactical plans for counter attacking.

The clear difference between spurs and us yesterday was the "Pace" of the passing and control. The "Pace" is the "weight of the Pass" is something that is often overlooked . Its usually the difference between the top teams and the middle teams.

If we are really want to be a  top passing team with carpet football in mind , this is definitely something we should improve. Without this key element , i doubt we can have a real transition into a regular top 6 team.

Pardew is out-coached every single game ffs. The sooner the board realizes this the better.

Not sure thats quite true, felt we dominated the majority of the game against Chelsea.

I do agree he is VERY limited though and if he can't get the best out of this group of players next season then he should go, but i would give him next season though to see how he does.

And after we realised how to win games.

:lol:

He realised how to win games at the end of last season and reverted to type again this season.  The best we can hope is that the players can rise above him.

Tbf we do seem too be outplayed a lot but when you look at opposing fans comments after games it definitely looks like both sides see the game differently.

I have watched games where we have looked completely outclassed (to me) but then you look at the other fans comments and they are saying the same about their team, you look at the stats and their are very similar etc..

I still don't think we control games anywhere near enough and our final third football is often atrocious but as a group of fans I think we tend to downplay what we do well and overrate what the opposition do a fair bit.

Tbf we do seem too be outplayed a lot but when you look at opposing fans comments after games it definitely looks like both sides see the game differently.

I have watched games where we have looked completely outclassed (to me) but then you look at the other fans comments and they are saying the same about their team, you look at the stats and their are very similar etc..

I still don't think we control games anywhere near enough and our final third football is often atrocious but as a group of fans I think we tend to downplay what we do well and overrate what the opposition do a fair bit.

There is definitely a lot of truth in this... we do see our own team the most but we also judge them the hardest.

We won half of our league games last season, and only lost one more than the team that finished third with just five points more. I have a lot of doubts about Pardew's true ability at present but to say he's out-coached every single game is laughably harsh.

I can't see anything from Pardew to make me think he's going to give us an edge.  I think we're almost completely reliant on our players getting us results.  I know that’s probably far too simplistic to say but I can’t be bothered to go into any detail.

I can't even see anything being built by him under the first team and you would think that a manager with his length of contract would be trying to build something for the future, he's not, at least I've seen no evidence of it.  It's a pity because he's working from a position of strength because the people he works for clearly want him to do well.

We won half of our league games last season. I have a lot of doubts about Pardew's true ability but to say he's out-coached every single game is laughably harsh.

I said it last season and I'll say it this season too. Pardew isn't the real reason for us finishing so high up. I'm sorry but we had a starting eleven very capable of that finish. We were riding a lot on confidence and tactically Pardew isn't great. And for the EVERY SINGLE game it was clearly an over-exaggeration. I just don't think he's a good manager and was saying that last season even when we were winning. Although tbf there are quite a lot of bad managers out there, Big Sam being one of them.

Pardew is out-coached every single game ffs. The sooner the board realizes this the better.

Not sure thats quite true, felt we dominated the majority of the game against Chelsea.

I do agree he is VERY limited though and if he can't get the best out of this group of players next season then he should go, but i would give him next season though to see how he does.

I don't think we dominated but did play well, but the stadium was buzzing and carried that team to a win as soon as Gouff helped us get that 2nd goal.

theres the evidence of how good we can play in fits and starts and even recently some new idea's in the much better counter attacking threat we've posed lately. The problem is he has a tendency to revert to what he knows best when we're in a bind, now yesterday it actually wasn't the worst idea in the world to bring on Shola and hit it to him to try and get something since there wasn't much time left to get a result and it damn near worked but he needs to grow out of that long ball dependency. I think he's learning slowly but as with anyone he will go back to basics when feeling under pressure.