Alan Pardew

Dave

Arsenal's last title-winning side anyone? Loads of Frenchies is no problem as long as they play ball, speak English, buy into the culture of the club etc. same as you'd expect from any signing

Most important is that we're getting good deals. Germany might be worth looking at too mind. Cisse for 9m given his record was pretty good going

Vieira and Henry were the only regulars of The Invincible team albeit they had a few in reserve. Also had Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Cole, Campbell, Lehmann & Gilberto all from distinctly different football upbringings whose first language wasn't Francais.

And Pires

Oh shit aye. :thup:

Good comments from Pardew:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8446027/?utm_source=twitterfeed_Newcastle&utm_medium=facebook

Alan Pardew has defended his policy of signing players from France after admitting Newcastle United had 'no chance' of winning the race for Wilfried Zaha.

Newcastle have been busy plundering Ligue 1 for fresh faces this month, with Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haidara and Moussa Sissoko having all arrived at St James' Park.

Pardew believes there is better value to be found on the continent after previously being interested in Zaha, who has agreed to join Manchester United from Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to a reported £15million.

"There is slightly more value in the French market. Obviously, we have exploited that."

"Zaha is a typical example of trying to take a young player out of the Championship. I like Zaha. I wanted to take him but, seriously, we had no chance. We just can't pay that.

"We got four players for that. It suited our needs better to strengthen several positions for that sort of money.

"It was a case of getting the players that were right for us at the price that was right for us.

"We wanted players who had ambition in them, not just for six months but for the future. None of them was a knee-jerk reaction, otherwise we would have bought a 31-year-old from a squad in the Premier League.

"We bought players to take us forward. We are happy with the business we have done."

Good comments from Pardew:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8446027/?utm_source=twitterfeed_Newcastle&utm_medium=facebook

Alan Pardew has defended his policy of signing players from France after admitting Newcastle United had 'no chance' of winning the race for Wilfried Zaha.

Newcastle have been busy plundering Ligue 1 for fresh faces this month, with Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haidara and Moussa Sissoko having all arrived at St James' Park.

Pardew believes there is better value to be found on the continent after previously being interested in Zaha, who has agreed to join Manchester United from Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to a reported £15million.

"There is slightly more value in the French market. Obviously, we have exploited that."

"Zaha is a typical example of trying to take a young player out of the Championship. I like Zaha. I wanted to take him but, seriously, we had no chance. We just can't pay that.

"We got four players for that. It suited our needs better to strengthen several positions for that sort of money.

"It was a case of getting the players that were right for us at the price that was right for us.

"We wanted players who had ambition in them, not just for six months but for the future. None of them was a knee-jerk reaction, otherwise we would have bought a 31-year-old from a squad in the Premier League.

"We bought players to take us forward. We are happy with the business we have done."

Fairy snuff, pleased we didn't spunk it all on one player.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Pardew deserves his last chance, he has no excuses now so needs to show he can do it with all the tools at his disposal. If he doesn't get us moving then he needs to go in the summer. But looking forward I think a French manager, providing his pedigree, would do well. Don't believe in the isolation comments, Wenger's done a sterling job in the past in similar circumstances.

He's the best coach in the division. Took the league up another level.

Guest neesy111

Pardew doesn't look as ill in his latest interview. The stress seems to have gone, hopefully he can transfer that to his approach to the Villa game.

Would had been able to get some time off this week with no game this week.  Break will do the likes of Santon the world of good.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew doesn't look as ill in his latest interview. The stress seems to have gone, hopefully he can transfer that to his approach to the Villa game.

Would had been able to get some time off this week with no game this week.  Break will do the likes of Santon the world of good.

My worry about that is. In Pardew's time here, every time we have a break, the game that we then play we play fucking awful.

Dodged a serious bullet this fella.

It could be argued he's under more pressure now than before as his list of excuses just halved in the last week. He needs immediate results now.

I think the players will obtained will do a good job of masking that; I have no doubt he'll keep his negative tendencies though, which will inhibit if not quell comppletely our attacking potential.

The 'get rid' button hasn't been pressed yet but the finger is hovering. He has the remainder of this season to turn things around. The club want a top 10 finish and a good go at the Europa League. Anything short of that and I reckon we'll be looking to get rid.

Christ, how far removed from reality are you?

Pards:

He (Yanga-Mbiwa) is an outstanding player who we’ve brought to the club.

Mapou has fantastic leadership skills, great potential and fantastic power – and that’s something we have been lacking, a bit of power. There’s a re-energy on the training ground with new players coming in because actually new players coming in aren’t really about taking us forward.

They help, but it’s existing players and the competition that’s there.

Now there’s no room for errors, no room for the odd game where you don’t play at your best. You have to play very, very well now to stay in this team.

If we turn things around and start looking like a football team again he will get next season imo.

Think he will only get the boot if we finish lower than 14th. There are no excuses for us to do anything but climb the table with the additions we have made.

Guest Slippery Sam

The 'get rid' button hasn't been pressed yet but the finger is hovering. He has the remainder of this season to turn things around. The club want a top 10 finish and a good go at the Europa League. Anything short of that and I reckon we'll be looking to get rid.

Christ, how far removed from reality are you?

I actually think, rightly or wrongly, that that is exactly how the board will see it. He'll get at least another 4 or 5 games with these new players to turn it around IMO. Almost as if Ashley has acknowledged that he was to blame as well, and now it's solely up to Pardew.

The board (Ashley) has spent the cash to keep us in this division.  There is only one outcome if things continue to be crap for week after week. 

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I have little confidence in him being able to significantly improve the TEAM...with the quality the club have bought, relegation should at least be avoided and if we are anywhere near it, he should certainly go.

I reckon the club are waiting to see what happens after a few games and if performances don't improve, he will go in the summer...maybe even before.

Lets suggest that the club were indeed willing to part with 10-15m to improve the squad, I wouldn't want that blown on Zaha or Remy over the lot we've just signed right now. Silver lining and all that, assuming Remy wasn't seen as an addition to the group we've just acquired

I think it would be foolish to buy into any of his 'sweet talk', regardless of our latest influx of quality. Pardew's talked a good game before but we all know how much of a mis-match the result is. Just beat Villa and keep fighting for your job.

There is no guarantee that Pardew will use the new players correctly or even, in some cases, at all. Look at his dealings with Tevez and Mascherano when West Ham brought them in....

I've lost whatever little trust I had in Pardew in the past few weeks, but fuck me how the hell would he get away with doing anything like you suggest? The circumstances are completely different to the above scenario. He is also a different person with different experience now! Is it not possible that he has learned something from that fiasco?

Granted Pardew wasn't involved in what names we signed, but I'm fairly certain he knows our weaknesses, and will play the new players, moving heaven and earth for them in fact, as he knows they are the only chance we have of staying up.