Alan Pardew

Dave

Which of the 3 goals were down to Pardews inefficiency?

Playing Jonas at left back was definitely the cause of the first goal.

He gave the ball away with a simple pass, he wasn't caught out positionally which is what you could complain about Pardew playing him at left back.

Astonishingly bad posts KDT. Honestly man, you have to watch the game and not the highlights to draw the conclusion that Pardew was at fault for a lot today. I also don't think there's been a massive swing towards him because solely of this performance. The whole seasons has been embarrassing. Get rid of him come summer and start fresh.

I'm not against getting rid of Pardew to start again in the summer, I just don't think today can solely be based on Pardew. I watched the full game and not just the highlights, we got caught out by Sessegnon again dropping into space like what happened in the last derby at home.

Is that the one Pardew was also in charge for?

And something i've been saying for months, despite playing three in CM, we still leave a massive space in front of our DC's. Tactically it's rank bad.

I thought it was extraordinary today, for a lot of the second half we were playing in a square with the back four and two up front and the entire midfield hugging the touchline. The players looked terrified of going into the tight central midfield cluster of mackems.

Commented on this a few times at the match. At times when we were in possession there was 3 mackems in the middle of the pitch and no one in black and white anywhere near them.

Guest bimpy474

(5+11)/2 = 8

Ah, i dont think that'll wash with Ashley though. I think 8th is the minimum they were expecting this season.

(5+11)/2 = 8

We'd have to finish 11th first. Can anyone confidently still say we'll finish above the mackems after today?

The only reason I'd say the Mackems will finish below us is because they don't get to play us anymore this season. They'll go back to looking like relegation fodder next week.

Everything internally at the football club - currently anyway - revolves around finishing 8th as "par"

Hopefully still true.

We only have to finish 11th then.

I dont understand 8th - 11th ?  :icon_scratch:

Add the 5th placed finish.

I actually cannot stand these pathetic attempts to cling on to Pardew from folk. "Oh, but we finished 5th, give him until next Christmas at least", or, "Yeah but, no but...um, all managers need time, just let him turn it around and prove himself!"

Bollocks. We're fucked with him in charge- if the whole of this season (and most of last) didn't reveal that then hopefully today fucking did. Face it.

(5+11)/2 = 8

We'd have to finish 11th first. Can anyone confidently still say we'll finish above the mackems after today?

The only reason I'd say the Mackems will finish below us is because they don't get to play us anymore this season. They'll go back to looking like relegation fodder next week.

I don't think so, I reckon Di Canio factor will give them the lift they need to get them clear of us. He's single minded and we are confused.

Those of you who actually defend Pardew at this point are just so fucking deluded. You must have forgotten what attacking football is, and even more worryingly, where the fuck's your ambitions? Fighting relegation... pffff...

Of course  we can get a better manager than Pardew. Both Avram Grant and Roberto Di Matteo would offer a lot more, and they are available right now! The latter would actually be a realistic target.

Guest bimpy474

Everything internally at the football club - currently anyway - revolves around finishing 8th as "par"

Hopefully still true.

We only have to finish 11th then.

I dont understand 8th - 11th ?  :icon_scratch:

Add the 5th placed finish.

I got it now, average, rather like our manager  :laugh: