Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

Guest bimpy474

anyone glean anything about anita?

Nippy little fecker.

Seems to have a footballing brain and looks for the short, simple pass.

Aye, schooled in the right way.

Ba seemed to be gutted to get subbed. Says he just wants the team to do well but I'm not quite buying it. The happiness isn't there....

Neither is his concentration, standing around ball watching for most of the game, great finish and that's all you need etc...but he's better than that imo and i expect more after Ramadan.

Ba seemed to be gutted to get subbed. Says he just wants the team to do well but I'm not quite buying it. The happiness isn't there....

Should have stayed on and switched with Cisse tbh. If we absolutely had to bring on Obertan, should've been for Papi.

Get in, I never expected us to win, a draw at best.

Anyway clearly we aren't fully fit, clearly we need to work on our midfield and Simpson is still s***.

Ben Arfa was the MTM for me, a real positive performance for us, good to see him looking more physical and getting back in order to get the ball and cover Simpson.

simpson is not s***.

He's clearly much worse than shit. Same as the majority of last season then, average performance good result.

Definitely, it's not just about defensive work. He breaks down our plays moving out of defence and going forward which puts unnecessary pressure onto our backline.

Guest optimistic nit

Thought santon also had his best gane for us!!

he was alright, but got torn a new one by lennon a couple of times. Think Simpson gets far too much stick on here to be honest, He did a better job against Bale than Santon did against Lennon in my opinion, and Bale is supposed to be the better player. Not saying I wouldn't like more strength in depth in the fullbacks position, but none of our XI looked out of their depth to me(can someone please explain what has happened to Perch?).

Very good performance, passing was a bit wasteful on the ground, but the thing I found most promising was the percentage of our headers that found another black and white shirts. All the top teams are excellent at this, but last season one of the main weaknesses in our game was our inability to find a teammate with a header. We had so much more posession this game compared to how we would have fared last season imo, purely because when we went up for a header we looked for another black and white shirt, instead of just trying to header the ball up the field.

I haven't been so glad to see a ref blow in a long time. Ben Arfa's magic today was amazing. And Ba should gtfo with his stupid sulking over not taking the penalty. Ugly to see him just walk off like a spoiled child instead of celebrating with Benny.

All in all, even if it was a scrappy game, the second half with the 4-3-3ish formation was like a new team compared to the first half. Bad marking from Simpson when Lennon could just walk in and place the cross though, someone should have watched out for that, and most likely it was Simpsons job.

Far from our best in the first half, a much improved second half but again not at our best. That said we got the win against one of the top sides in the league, so that makes it an excellent start.

Far from our best in the first half, a much improved second half but again not at our best. That said we got the win against one of the top sides in the league, so that makes it an excellent start.

2pts up from last season.  O0

Guest optimistic nit

been mentioned before, but the berwilderment on ben arfa's face when he saw Obertan coming on was priceless. :lol:

Let's be frank here, we weren't brilliant by any means and probably didn't deserve all three points objectively, so don't know where the 8 and 9 ratings are coming from. Still, the result is brilliant and we can go to Stamford Bridge next week without to much pressure, where we will hopefully be a little bit more match fit.

Guest optimistic nit

Let's be frank here, we weren't brilliant by any means and probably didn't deserve all three points objectively, so don't know where the 8 and 9 ratings are coming from. Still, the result is brilliant and we can go to Stamford Bridge next week without to much pressure, where we will hopefully be a little bit more match fit.

we were worse than spurs in the first half (although not by that much), as average as them at the start of the second half, but once we scored there was only one team in it imo. Even after they equalised, we went straight up the field, scored, and after that Spurs just stopped playing. Apart from a few bewildering passes to nowhere i thought we were very good. just cant believe how solid perch and taylor looked. they let spurs through a couple of times, but given my feelings prior to the match I didn't feel nervous about that partnership all game. if they lined up against spurs 2 years ago fuck knows what would have happened, even with that spurs lineup.

Ben Arfa and Ba produced the moments of class that won us the game. Otherwise we looked very disjointed, even in the second half, and we have to look to improve. It wasn't a great Spurs side, but they still looked far better on the ball.

Got to disagree with Parky on the pen. Professional footballers shouldn't be arguing like a bunch of kids on who takes it. That has to be decided before the game.

we were worse than spurs in the first half (although not by that much), as average as them at the start of the second half, but once we scored there was only one team in it imo. Even after they equalised, we went straight up the field, scored, and after that Spurs just stopped playing. Apart from a few bewildering passes to nowhere i thought we were very good. just cant believe how solid perch and taylor looked. they let spurs through a couple of times, but given my feelings prior to the match I didn't feel nervous about that partnership all game. if they lined up against spurs 2 years ago f*** knows what would have happened, even with that spurs lineup.

We'll have to agree to disagree. After we scored we sat back and you could sense an equaliser coming a mile off in my opinion. Also, I don't think our defence looked solid at all, especially the full backs. We were lucky they only had Defoe available as the only striker in a 433, as that is not his best position at all and things might have been very different if they could have played somebody like Adebayor up top.