Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

On a different subject, I've never been able to spot why there's been a bit of a fuss about Sigurdsson, and I wasn't any the wiser after the weekend. He's got a good shot and takes a decent set piece, but seems a bit limited otherwise.

Just seen the "shove" by Pardew (missed it during the game). I can't work out whether I'm surprised at the reaction it's got, but fuck me, he's essentially tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and it's being treated as an act of aggression.

If the linesman had just got on with it and I'd seen it as it happened, it wouldn't have even registered as problem.

Just seen the "shove" by Pardew (missed it during the game). I can't work out whether I'm surprised at the reaction it's got, but fuck me, he's essentially tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and it's being treated as an act of aggression.

If the linesman had just got on with it and I'd seen it as it happened, it wouldn't have even registered as problem.

It was a push, he was out of order.

Looked much worse from where I was sat.

I think if he's not directly contributing through a goal or an assist you can come to that conclusion. At Swansea though he was pretty much doing that every week.

He's a good goal-scoring midfielder to play off the front-man but Spurs already have VDV for that. Not sure they can play in the same side and VDV has way more to his game (they looked far more of a creative threat when he came on) despite sometimes being a bit lazy. Maybe he'll gradually become more of a deep lying playmaker as his legs go.

:pardspush:

I thought Sandro & Sigurdsson both had a good 1st half tbh. The difference in quality between the latter and Modric though is ridiculous.

VdV is also massively overrated, at least when I've seen him, he cannot pass or run.

As VDV has got older he seems to have practically become a second striker, some of the things that used to make him so highly rated have seemed to have disappeared.

He's practically a poacher now.

I thought Sandro & Sigurdsson both had a good 1st half tbh. The difference in quality between the latter and Modric though is ridiculous.

VdV is also massively overrated, at least when I've seen him, he cannot pass or run.

Van Der Vaart curly the ball beautifully and scores some cracking goals but it papers over the cracks of him not actually being a well-rounded player. certainly don't think he ever controls games. Them losing Modric is a nightmare. Sandro is an excellent player in my opinion and will show it this season. Sigurdsson strikes the ball better than most in the league and can move with it but he's certainly not going to be dictating the play or controlling games

Replacing Modric and Adebayor will definitely be the key for Tottenham's season, if they do it successfully then they can challenge for top 4 if not then i could see them finishing outside the top 6.

That's how big a difference those two made to them.

By the letter of the law, I'm sure you are right, he was out of order. But the angle I have available makes it look like nothing more than a nudge to get his attention. Certainly doesn't look like there's any aggression in the push.

I bet a high five would hurt more.

By the letter of the law, I'm sure you are right, he was out of order. But the angle I have available makes it look like nothing more than a nudge to get his attention. Certainly doesn't look like there's any aggression in the push.

I bet a high five would hurt more.

I was in the posh seats about 20 yards away, it looked bad in real time.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/08/20/newcastle-2-1-tottenham-pardew-switches-formation-ben-arfa-excels-in-both-systems/

I think it was more the act itself than if it actually caused any pain or not (which it obviously didn't), it's just really disrespectful to nudge/push anyone. A touchline ban would be harsh but rules are rules.

That's the one rule in every sport I've ever played or watched. You cannot touch officials aggressively and if you do so, the penalties will be harsh. Pardew violated and will be correctly punished.