Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Harper 5 - probably should have done better for the first goal but his save for the "goal" was amazing. Distribution is shocking too.

Perch 5 - abysmally poor in the first, was a lot better when moved in to the middle.

Williamson 4- piss poor

Taylor 4 - piss poor

Santon 6 - decent but didn't really have much to do.

Marveaux 3 - anonymous

Jonas 5 - terrible in the first, decent in the second

Anita 5 - as above

Cabaye 6 - as above but +1 for assisting

HBA 5 - should have scored, a lot of frustrated dribbling/tricks which didn't come off.

Cisse 4 - did fuck all, barely held it up but the service was shocking

SUBS

Ba 9 - superb, two brilliant takes, game changer

Shola 8 - one touch of note and what a good one it was.

Bigi - n/a

You can't really do a ratings for tonight, considering each 45 minutes were like a completely different match for the majority of players.

Ridiculously harsh on Steven Taylor, either way.

Let Anichebe turn him for the goal, was the one who played Fellaini offside for the incorrectly disallowed goal and had a couple of other moments one where he played Anichebe onside which was fucking ridiculous.

Harper 5 - probably should have done better for the first goal but his save for the "goal" was amazing. Distribution is shocking too.

Perch 5 - abysmally poor in the first, was a lot better when moved in to the middle.

Williamson 4- piss poor

Taylor 4 - piss poor

Marveaux 3 - anonymous

Anita 5 - as above

HBA 5 - should have scored, a lot of frustrated dribbling/tricks which didn't come off.

SUBS

Bigi - n/a

You can't really do a ratings for tonight, considering each 45 minutes were like a completely different match for the majority of players.

Ridiculously harsh on Steven Taylor, either way.

Let Anichebe turn him for the goal, was the one who played Fellaini offside for the incorrectly disallowed goal and had a couple of other moments one where he played Anichebe onside which was fucking ridiculous.

:thup:

Feeling kinda bad for the linesman. He's going to get a lot of shit and both of the errors were so close that you just can't see those with human eye. Goalline technology is a must.

Indeed, shouldn't even have to worry about looking out for whether the ball crosses or not.

Honestly Anita really deserves praise. His pace meant Baines couldn't get in behind any more.

Baines was a ghost in the second half, Anita had him locked up.

Anyway what is baffling me is every game this season we have been utter crap in the first half and great/much improved in the 2nd half.

Why can't we just start well for once lol.

Neville spot on about the offside IMO.

what he say?

turned stream off. it was running few mins behind- couldnt fking believe my eyes when they went 2-1 up, and came on here to cry and it was 2-2. :lol:

Basically said it was technically offside, but that his initial reaction at the time was 'offside' (as was mine) and it was so marginal at full speed that it wasn't nearly as clear as when you're stopping the replay with split-second accuracy. That he could totally understand it being ruled out.

Williamson 4- piss poor

Taylor 4 - piss poor

Marveaux 3 - anonymous

Anita 5 - as above

SUBS

Bigi - n/a

Santon was very decent I thought, other than that - not far wrong. Sympathy with the players first half for doing (trying to do :lol:) defensive work they're clearly not equipped for.

Think Saylor was better than Willy too

Neville spot on about the offside IMO.

what he say?

turned stream off. it was running few mins behind- couldnt fking believe my eyes when they went 2-1 up, and came on here to cry and it was 2-2. :lol:

Basically said it was technically offside, but that his initial reaction at the time was 'offside' (as was mine) and it was so marginal at full speed that it wasn't nearly as clear as when you're stopping the replay with split-second accuracy.

Aye, bang on that :thup:

Other than the Mackems and Liverpool, after the pre-match breeze from their camp there's no team I'd rather spawn a point off than them.

Now, I can go back to cheering them on. Those plucky midtable scrappers, bless 'em. ;)

Their keeper should be shot for his 'challenge' on Ba btw. If I was Niel, I'd be having nightmares about that tonight.

He's done it before against Kevin Doyle, jumped thinking he'd lob it but Doyle just rolled it under him.

Guest bimpy474

Highway robbery to get a point in that game, and what an awesome game it was! Great for the neutral viewer.

Eh ?. First half aside (Cisse should have scored and a clearance of the line) . The second half we could have scored 4 ourselves.