Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

I'm with a lot of others on here (I don't think it's all biased at all) that I still can't blame the linesman for either decision. The offside goal, looked offside and even in the stills, stoping the action a millisecond later would show a different view. For the other one, the linesman has to get on the byline to judge it, which he does, but in doing so he has a conner flag, goal post, about 5 players and netting between him and the ball, how the hell can he see that unless it was conclusive and it's just too close to call.

How in the world is that a free kick for that "goal" anyway and the refusing to play the advantage rule for benny, doesn't allow me to have a lot of sympathy for Everton nor do I think we were lucky at all. Strange game becasue I thought we were clearly second best iin the first half yet they really didn't create a lot of clear chances and Cisse really should have tied it up and we had the one cleared off the line, in the 2nd half thought we were the better side, yet concided more chances.

Shouldn't really be surprised with this being a Newcastle forum and all, but the grade of black & white tinted glasses from some on here really astounds me.

Simple question for those who think we deserved a draw(or better?): How would you feel if the roles were reversed yesterday?

I know I wouldn't be happy, and I'd put the blame on the referee & linesman.

Time to troll some Everton forums :yao:

What I actually found -

I feel I should apologize to Tyneside people, but those fucking accents are murder. 

I'm sure they're nice people, but the accents of the area are criminal, I'm sorry.

A yank on a team from Merseyside. Take it he's never been to Liverpool then :yao:

Santon and Inichebe, "a litle coming together there, the merest hint, It wasnt much, I dont think theyd be looking for a penalty if it had been in the box". Nothing was made of this commentary in the analysis.

Inichibe came into Santon then flapped his arms about and fell over when he realised Howards long ball was passing over them .

Dubious free kick so the ball over the line issue shouldnt have mattered.

Anichebe

Yeah, i thought Santon was decent in the final third. I don't know if he and Ben Arfa would ever strike up a seamless wing partnership, cos they're both flair players - one of whom is fairly unpredictable. But if they somehow managed it, the potential there is immense.

Shite attendance last night 32K. Living up to their reputation as the "scouse mackems".

To be fair mind we only had the lower tier so you can hardly just blame them.

well, it was a monday night- when they come here add near 20k on it.

Shite attendance last night 32K. Living up to their reputation as the "scouse mackems".

To be fair mind we only had the lower tier so you can hardly just blame them.

Sorry but I am blaming the piss poor attendance on them alone.

Their ground, their home match, not impacted greatly by the size of away following.

Shouldn't really be surprised with this being a Newcastle forum and all, but the grade of black & white tinted glasses from some on here really astounds me.

Simple question for those who think we deserved a draw(or better?): How would you feel if the roles were reversed yesterday?

My main issue in general is how the media and pundits faff all over how Everton were fucked over when the refs fucked us up a bit as well. It's just more media friendly to say a team was robbed and then do the edits based on that. I, for one, do love a smash and grab once in a while though. And it being against Everton makes it somewhat sweeter.

My main issue in general is how the media and pundits faff all over how Everton were f***ed over when the refs f***ed us up a bit as well. It's just more media friendly to say a team was robbed and then do the edits based on that. I, for one, do love a smash and grab once in a while though. And it being against Everton makes it somewhat sweeter.

I don't understand what you expect from the media when a team seems to have scored four legitimate goals and is only awarded two.

Everton were clearly unlucky in the game but luck is what it is. They opened the scoring last season at home with a massive deflection & were lucky in the first place that half our defence got crocked directly before this match. So yes unlucky in the game, just as we were outside of that.

Everton were clearly unlucky in the game but luck is what it is. They opened the scoring last season at home with a massive deflection & were lucky in the first place that half our defence got crocked directly before this match. So yes unlucky in the game, just as we were outside of that.

Luck = Opportunity plus preparation. I don't think Everton were unlucky. I reckon we were lucky though, if that makes any sense. We made our luck when we decided to turn up and took advantage of our chances pretty well.

:lol:

Shame about those blunders because they took away from what was a class game. Credit is due for your 2nd half performance (Pardew obviously gave them an almighty bollocking, and rightly so) and a draw wasn't really an unfair result in terms of the balance of play and chances overall. From our POV, if we play like that for the rest of the season we will be sitting very pretty come May.

Not sure why people are kidding themselves though about the Anichebe goal, it was a clear goal. I'm happy to be proved wrong but iirc it was clearly over. You certainly wouldn't be labelling it as "marginal" if the boot was on the other foot. The referee was also completely wrong about pulling the play back 10 seconds later - but the fact is that should never have come about as the goal should have been given. Just furthers the case for technology asap. The Fellaini goal was, obviously, a goal.

Hibbert and Neville are like those 2 kids who were always picked last when choosing teams for footy in school.

I'm not saying it doesn't look over but it looks as over as this looks out:

Dubai 07 QF hawkeye dispute Nadal

There's no daylight there so you can't say for certain that it was over - it's 100% of the ball and 0.1% of a football is not very much, certainly not enough to see on a freeze frame.

For the goal to be given you need to be 100% sure. The conflicting reactions last night and today (even after super slow motions clips from along the line) showed that the 100% level was not reached and therefore the decision not to give the goal was correct. Other decisions may include a mixture of other factors but a ball crossing a line is a yes or no situation. Its not seeing it through black and white tinted glasses, its just how it is.

On another note, I have to say the away support was class last night. It felt like it was almost a never ending mass of noise so hopefully it came across well on the tv. Going down for the game we asked ourselves why we were doing it, but afterwards we were glad we did. A fantastic evening!

See both the local news programmes focused only on the decisions which went against Everton and chose to totally ignore the fact that the free kick before the incident should never have been given and that the evenings really shocking decision was to stop play when HBA was clean through on goal.

Seems like the lazy press had already set it's agenda and everyone was going to follow it without question.

For the goal to be given you need to be 100% sure. The conflicting reactions last night and today (even after super slow motions clips from along the line) showed that the 100% level was not reached and therefore the decision not to give the goal was correct. Other decisions may include a mixture of other factors but a ball crossing a line is a yes or no situation. Its not seeing it through black and white tinted glasses, its just how it is.

On another note, I have to say the away support was class last night. It felt like it was almost a never ending mass of noise so hopefully it came across well on the tv. Going down for the game we asked ourselves why we were doing it, but afterwards we were glad we did. A fantastic evening!

Away support sounded very loud indeed considering how few we had down there. There was times in between the Everton moaning and groaning for every last decision where we sounded brilliant.

See both the local news programmes focused only on the decisions which went against Everton and chose to totally ignore the fact that the free kick before the incident should never have been given and that the evenings really shocking decision was to stop play when HBA was clean through on goal.

Seems like the lazy press had already set it's agenda and everyone was going to follow it without question.

The BBC and ITV local news teams are riddled with Mackems.

Tbf, the Ben Arfa situation wouldn't have happened if the goal was given so not sure that really counts.

And the goal would never have happened had the ref not given a ridiculously soft freekick in the first place, so I'm not sure that really counts.