Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Really don't know what to think about that game. On one hand we were very lucky with the disallowed/not seen goals but on the other we missed two really good chances (Cisse first half + Ben Arfa second half) that could have swung the game in our direction.

Either way I'm ecstatic with a point after that horrific first half.

Brilliant come back, 2nd half proves that we've gotta bit spine..But.......Doesn't take away from the 2 goals they should have scored, still super flakey in defence. Without Colo we don't have any decent centre backs. Saylors no where near good enough, he just tries to look like a footballer.

Anichebe dived for the freekick in the first place btw. So I refuse to feel guilty for that goal.

And our local Nigerian is better than him.

he was fucking awful bar his goal (which was saveable imo). Jelavic going off for them was a turning point.

Also was strange to see Fellaini tiring so badly. Looked knackered 2nd half.

Biggest difference other than the obvious (Ba) was Anita at right back and moving Jonas over. Completely shut down their left flank.

Yep. Thought Perch - who was part of that whole reshuffle - had a belting second half, too.

Anichebe dived for the freekick in the first place btw. So I refuse to feel guilty for that goal.

And our local Nigerian is better than him.

he was fucking awful bar his goal (which was saveable imo). Jelavic going off for them was a turning point.

Also was strange to see Fellaini tiring so badly. Looked knackered 2nd half.

He was awful, but I don't think that goal was saveable. Hit it bloody hard into the far corner.