Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Stole a point, but we missed a few opportunities today

Harper 6

Perch 7 I know i've said this before but he looks far better as a central player (either in midfield or Defence)

Williamson 5.5

Saylor 5.5

Santon 7

Marv 5

Cabaye 6

Anita 7

Jonas 6

HBA 6.5

Cisse 5

Ba 8.5

Ameobi 7.5

Harper 5 - probably should have done better for the first goal but his save for the "goal" was amazing. Distribution is shocking too.

Perch 5 - abysmally poor in the first, was a lot better when moved in to the middle.

Williamson 4- piss poor

Taylor 4 - piss poor

Santon 6 - decent but didn't really have much to do.

Marveaux 3 - anonymous

Jonas 5 - terrible in the first, decent in the second

Anita 5 - as above

Cabaye 6 - as above but +1 for assisting

HBA 5 - should have scored, a lot of frustrated dribbling/tricks which didn't come off.

Cisse 4 - did fuck all, barely held it up but the service was shocking

SUBS

Ba 9 - superb, two brilliant takes, game changer

Shola 8 - one touch of note and what a good one it was.

Bigi - n/a

You can't really do a ratings for tonight, considering each 45 minutes were like a completely different match for the majority of players.

Ridiculously harsh on Steven Taylor, either way.

Let Anichebe turn him for the goal, was the one who played Fellaini offside for the incorrectly disallowed goal and had a couple of other moments one where he played Anichebe onside which was fucking ridiculous.

Made at least one fantastic block/intervention. Him and Willo were under ridiculous pressure first half. Can't fault them that much.

:okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay:

evertons crowd in 2nd half.

Might be a bit harsh on Harps, but Tim gets down very quickly and could probably have got at the first goal. At the second, he looked out of position.

Gary Neville was right in pointing out how dangerous Everton are down the left, but wrong in his analysis of our response. Marveaux is not a good defender, and if playing him was intended to help the full back that was a rank bad decision.

I don't think we can play Marveaux and Ben Arfa together. It leaves us too vulnerable defensively.

Altogether though, a welcome return of the battling spirit of last season.

Pards: "I was proud of the second half.  In the first half we lacked belief that we could win the game.  I was shocked.  Fortunately we've got good spirit in the dressing room."

"Not many teams from 1-0 down with the players we had missing would come back from that."

"Half time gave me the perfect opportunity to put some belief in the team.  I knew I needed to change that attitude because the first half was as bad as we've been since I've been here."

"He [ba] got two goals, he could have had a hat-trick.  Sometimes players play well when they're angry."

"It showed when they got the second we were never going to give in."

"I'll never set up a team to try and take a point.  That team in the first half looked like they were trying to hold Everton and that isn't good enough."

Highway robbery to get a point in that game, and what an awesome game it was! Great for the neutral viewer.

Eh ?. First half aside (Cisse should have scored and a clearance of the line) . The second half we could have scored 4 ourselves.

Mrs. Bimpy must have done something with either your mind or sight. Never in a million years did we deserve anything from this game...not that Im complaining :lol:

:okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay: :okay:

evertons crowd in 2nd half.

:lol: :lol:

I've half lost my voice after Ba's goals went in, what a mental and great 2nd half. So lucky to get that draw but we were such a different side after pardew kicked their arses in the dressing room. Chuffed tbh :D