Newcastle United 1 - 0 Club Brugge - 25/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Will take that.  Win next home game and a draw at Bordeaux and we should be top come the end of the group stages. 

A few positives but Cisse not looking quite right still!! Wtf the happend?

Bordeaux are our final group game, we have these again next, then Maritimo and finally Bordeaux.

Some very good individual performances, but also some poor ones. Cisse struggled to get involved, Tiote gave the ball away a lot and was lucky not to cost us a goal, Bigi struggled for a role.

But Sammy could really breathe fresh life into our side. I'm wondering just how good he's going to turn out to be.

We're not creating enough for him imo

About sums it up, when he came in and tore the league up we was consistently creating chances every game at the moment we are struggling to create.

15 goals in 14 games in all comps is something we need to improve on.

Will take that.  Win next home game and a draw at Bordeaux and we should be top come the end of the group stages. 

We did tonight, he would have had about 4 playing with last seasons confidence.

The excuse previously was because Ba was too selfish to play on the left, read tonight that Ba can't play upfront on his own. IMO we just need to accept he is going through a poor patch, he is too good not to re-find his touch and I am confident he will start cracking them in again.

The excuse previously was because Ba was too selfish to play on the left, read tonight that Ba can't play upfront on his own. IMO we just need to accept he is going through a poor patch, he is too good not to re-find his touch and I am confident he will start cracking them in again.

It's a cliché but at least he's still getting into the right places. I was happy enough with his link-up play tonight as well.

Not worried at all, others are scoring goals.

About sums it up, when he came in and tore the league up we was consistently creating chances every game at the moment we are struggling to create.

I'm not sure that excuse can bet trotted out again after Ferguson put it on a plate for him in the first half. Even then, last season he only needed a half chance to score a wonder goal. He's low on confidence, not sure why, but he is.

I'm not sure that excuse can bet trotted out again after Ferguson put it on a plate for him in the first half. Even then, last season he only needed a half chance to score a wonder goal. He's low on confidence, not sure why, but he is.

Nah not tonight he should have scored tonight. I was talking about in general he has not had many chances to feed on compared to when he joined.

It's obvious he's low on confidence as well.

It's a cliché but at least he's still getting into the right places. I was happy enough with his link-up play tonight as well.

Not worried at all, others are scoring goals.

:thup:

He was still dangerous so all we need to worry about is that touch coming back. Not much of a worry.

One of the best forwards in the league (Rooney) goes through plenty of spells like this and longer.

Nah not tonight he should have scored tonight. I was talking about in general he has not had many chances to feed on compared to when he joined.

Fair enough I guess. I'm still not sure I agree we created much more last season. We had Ba being very clinical in the first half of the season, than Cisse in the second half. We didn't create boatloads as I can't recall them missing that many. Ba went through a similar patch and is back to full confidence and his goalscoring has returned; I'm sure Papiss will be the same. I wish they could both score at the same time though. :lol:

Fair enough I guess. I'm still not sure I agree we created much more last season. We had Ba being very clinical in the first half of the season, than Cisse in the second half. We didn't create boatloads as I can't recall them missing that many. Ba went through a similar patch and is back to full confidence and his goalscoring has returned; I'm sure Papiss will be the same. I wish they could both score at the same time though. :lol:

How many teams do you know in the world that play 2 out and out goalscorers. Ba can play other roles Cisse maybe can, can't play 2 the way the both want to play, one of them has to play wide and deeper.