Newcastle United 1 - 0 Club Brugge - 25/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

For me though the biggest disappointment was the crowd/atmosphere.  It reminded me why i don't go to friendlies anymore.  The songs were just cringeworthy and embarrassing tbh, the Cattermole song, JS is a Mackum, Taylors right, YSIFS, Who are ya.........just pathetic.

I think i heard Blaydon Races once towards the end of the game, how we have changed to this style of "support" is lost on me but i just find it completely pathetic.  Were having our most successful period of football for years, playing in Europe, have some top quality players and some fantastic prospects, a fantastic stadium, city, team and thats the best we have......amazingly poor.

I hope its not just us but last night our "fans" spent more time looking to abuse our neighbours then they did supporting our team in my opinion.  :undecided:

Agree 100%

For footballing reasons it was wrong to play Tiote last night. He knows he's sitting out the next 3 games, whereas playing one of the fringe players in his position would have given them the chance to prove something. IMO we should have lined up with Bigi, Anita and Cabaye, with a clear game plan for the former two to sit and hold, allowing the latter to link up play with the forwards.

We didn't need Shola in the 2nd half. What we needed was a missile up the back side to make sure we came out focused. We lacked an overall team concentration which is why the likes of Tiote, Bigi, Sammy and Obertan were so wasteful at times. Ferguson was the only one who was switched on, but he had to improvise to make up for wrong decisions made by his teammates.

The game essentially seemed like a friendly afterthought to Pardew, which I don't really blame him for. But if we are going to give the competition a go, we need to start playing with more cohesion and a bloody game plan.

Did Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe look any good for Brugge?

I didn't think any of their players stood out tbh aside from their centre forward who I thought was particularly poor.

Odidja did look a very good player. It was hard for anyone playing in the middle of the park to stand out last night as everything went down the sides, but he played a very good defensive role for them and distributed the ball very well.

I thought he'd signed for you until the teams were announced. What happened there? I thought Kompany tweeted about how good he'd be for Everton.

Paperwork not completed in time at Brugge's end on deadline day.

I didn't think any of their players stood out tbh aside from their centre forward who I thought was particularly poor.

Odidja did look a very good player. It was hard for anyone playing in the middle of the park to stand out last night as everything went down the sides, but he played a very good defensive role for them and distributed the ball very well.

Cheers :thup:

For me though the biggest disappointment was the crowd/atmosphere.  It reminded me why i don't go to friendlies anymore.  The songs were just cringeworthy and embarrassing tbh, the Cattermole song, JS is a Mackum, Taylors right, YSIFS, Who are ya.........just pathetic.

I think i heard Blaydon Races once towards the end of the game, how we have changed to this style of "support" is lost on me but i just find it completely pathetic.  Were having our most successful period of football for years, playing in Europe, have some top quality players and some fantastic prospects, a fantastic stadium, city, team and thats the best we have......amazingly poor.

I hope its not just us but last night our "fans" spent more time looking to abuse our neighbours then they did supporting our team in my opinion.  :undecided:

Agree 100%

Agree, was all a bit embarrassing down in the Gallowgate corner.

Decent-ish game, Sammy was excellent and Ferguson's delivery into the box is absolutely superb. Comfortable evening and nice to see Obertan get on the scoresheet. :thup:

my mate is a copper and was in the away end last night (therefore nuneaton hates him having never met him).  Reckons Brugges fans were kicking off at the turnstiles and then trying to start fights all over town post-match.  :sad:

now your just making stuff up!

has anyone still got it tivo'd or sky plus'd, i'm told chris twaddle had a go at sammiobi and obertan for not getting into the game before 3mins had even been played....could someone check please ?

Aye he did, i remember getting very angry at that vividly.

my mate is a copper and was in the away end last night (therefore nuneaton hates him having never met him).  Reckons Brugges fans were kicking off at the turnstiles and then trying to start fights all over town post-match.  :sad:

now your just making stuff up!

He's not like, Bruges fans were a bunch of tossers.