Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion - 28/10/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

The 4-4-2 isn't going to be as painful because Shola can actually hold the ball up pretty well. The idea is probably to get it to Shola as fast as possible, hope it sticks and allow our other forwards to support. In theory, not a terrible plan. Hope it pays off, but as others have said countless times, I would much prefer 4-3-3. /obvious.

Movement is the manager's remit as much as formation. It's fairly obvious that he doesn't like much movement from his players in case they get caught out of position. That's why we look so rigid.

I didn't say it wasn't up to Pardew to sort it out. It's just irritating that some people think if we switch to 433 it will automagically make us play better.

There's definite intention behind both formations when we deploy them though. One of them's based on long ball, not conceding and hoping that something goes in, the others based on playing football and not conceding by being in possession of the ball, plus fluidity and movement. I honestly don't understand your problem here.

Movement is the manager's remit as much as formation. It's fairly obvious that he doesn't like much movement from his players in case they get caught out of position. That's why we look so rigid.

I didn't say it wasn't up to Pardew to sort it out. It's just irritating that some people think if we switch to 433 it will automagically make us play better.

There's definite intention behind both formations when we deploy them though. One of them's based on long ball, not conceding and hoping that something goes in, the others based on playing football and not conceding by being in possession of the ball, plus fluidity and movement. I honestly don't understand your problem here.

He has a problem with any criticism of Pardew, however strong or mild.  Not sure if it's interpreted as being ungrateful or something but this conversation happens frequently.

One of Europe's most lethal strikers on our books and our gameplan is so poor that we have to play a past-his-best Shola.

Worried, again. Spent the first half of last season concerned about Pardew getting us playing football, he totally won me over and now it feels like I'm right back where I started.

Both of these all but sum it up for me.

I'm going to stay calm and see what happens. I wouldn't have gone for that lineup personally and it does suggest a specific, perhaps ill-advised, gameplan but there's still 90 minutes ahead of us for us to properly judge. I can understand people's frustrations btw.

One of Europe's most lethal strikers on our books and our gameplan is so poor that we have to play a past-his-best Shola.

Worried, again. Spent the first half of last season concerned about Pardew getting us playing football, he totally won me over and now it feels like I'm right back where I started.

Both of these all but sum it up for me.

So they don't sum it up for you? :lol:

Krul

Simson  Willo  Colo    Santon

Oberton  Cabaye  Jonas  HBA

Ba            Amobie

Missed the line up only with one player. For those of you calling me names..

:lol: