Club Brugge 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 08/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 22

Stifler

Pff. Reasonable point but we could've won that. No coherence in the final third whatsoever, again.

Meh. Nice occasion, fine result (won't effect our position come the end of the groups, we'll definitely finish top), meh performance. Big game at the weekend.

Pardew needs to learn to fucking change things earlier on and he needs to learn to have more faith in the squad. Had Cisse came on in the 60th or even 70th minute then it would have given us an option upfront that we never had. He also needs to learn to fucking drop Obertan, stop it, he's not good enough.

Even though we were 2-0 down at one point we should have still got the win.

Guest Vinkent

Bar the goals, increidbly meh. Will grudgingly take the point. Very much an attitude of not losing as opposed to going for the win weve got atm.

Only just got in so missed the game, how did we play?

Good result as we came back from 2-0 down but 2nd half we lost the momentum. Anita scored a brilliant volley and Sammy set up Shola for the second. Another good cameo by Sammy.

Dull, poor in possession giving it away far too easily (Obertan/Marveaux) and nothing in the final 3rd. Still it wasn't a full first 11 so not bad I suppose.

Need go go hell for leather on sunday though, very winnable match but tough at the same time.

Settled for a point after 70mins against woeful opposition. Can't really complain away from home and after being 2-0 down, but it still feels slightly like two points dropped tbh. They were constantly in awe of us, you only have to look at how often they hacked it out of play under little pressure to see that. But for whatever reason we backed off and didn't turn the screw. Better teams do.

Some of our defending tonight was awful, I don't know what the problem was. If they could finish, getting that point would have been a lot more difficult for us. Bigi probably had his worst game in our colours IMO, which is a testament to his promise and talent. :thup: Tav and Sammy did well, though the former was lucky not to be punished for some naive passing.

Anyway, a decent point and two great goals. Once again I enjoyed more of our football than the full first team are offering at present. Onwards and upwards in Europe. :indi:

I don't even think we were particularly negative until the last 15 minutes. Just the total lack of gameplan going forward had us losing possession and drawing pressure on ourselves; was bloody tragic at times. At times it looked fluid but it wasn't (there would be a semblance of an idea if it were fluid), it was just slapdash and opportunist, whilst reliant on our flair players; the same way all our attacking has been this season. It's very frustrating because there's so much talent in our front six - both in the first team and in reserve.

Decent enough game I suppose. Should have won it at a canter.

Thought Sammy, Marveaux and Obertan had done well. Bigi showed his inexperience, but it's so easy to forget how young he actually is.

James Tavernier for man of the match. Apart from that horrible clearance which led to their second goal, he was superb. I'm not on the anti-Simpson brigade, but I hope he was watching Tav tonight. Could have learned a lot about how a full-back should play.

Decent enough game I suppose. Should have won it at a canter.

Thought Sammy, Marveaux and Obertan had done well. Bigi showed his inexperience, but it's so easy to forget how young he actually is.

James Tavernier for man of the match. Apart from that horrible clearance which led to their second goal, he was superb. I'm not on the anti-Simpson brigade, but I hope he was watching Tav tonight. Could have learned a lot about how a full-back should play.

I really like Tavernier's ambition and attitude towards playing full-back. Some lax passing and other silly moments, but like him as a player. Hope he continues to develop.