Club Brugge 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 08/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 22

Stifler

Should still be ok to finish top, beat Maritimo and it's all good. Doesn't go on goal difference either, should it come to that:

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

Should still be ok to finish top, beat Maritimo and it's all good. Doesn't go on goal difference either, should it come to that:

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

I'm being thick; is that just 'head-to-head' in other words?

Meh i'll take it but we really need to start turning some of these draws into wins getting ridiculous now.

What is that 5 in the league and 3 in europe? sort it out sure we are not losing but we are not winning either.

It'll come. Prefer a draw to a defeat. No panic

Aye i'm sure it will just a bit frustrating is all.

Meh i'll take it but we really need to start turning some of these draws into wins getting ridiculous now.

What is that 5 in the league and 3 in europe? sort it out sure we are not losing but we are not winning either.

It would be nice to really go for a win in winnable matches though, Pardew.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB1qoqQkNWBZHuZl5h-fXxH0-CAZEeHDeQzteNKKc3RMK3t4S7azrAjmS9Hw

Just got back to the square. There were a fair few Nufc fans in home areas (us included) and the official away areas were made up if 3 separate areas with quite a few spare seats. I tried to move a ht but they wouldn't let me.

Missed their 2 goals and one of our lot has been lifted by the police but no idea why.

Spoke to a lad who came with Thomas cook they all did get tickets and as the flight wasn't full they sold spare tickets to passengers who then profiteered from them. Also saw youth team players this morning who were asking £150 for a ticket

Just got back to the square. There were a fair few Nufc fans in home areas (us included) and the official away areas were made up if 3 separate areas with quite a few spare seats. I tried to move a ht but they wouldn't let me.

Missed their 2 goals and one of our lot has been lifted by the police but no idea why.

Spoke to a lad who came with Thomas cook they all did get tickets and as the flight wasn't full they sold spare tickets to passengers who then profiteered from them. Also saw youth team players this morning who were asking £150 for a ticket

Disgusting, I've had quite a few spare tickets for big games and have always sold them as cost price.

Strange game. They were quick on the break, and we struggled with that. At the same time, they gave us a fair bit of space to build our attacks, and overall we should have won.

Some occasional daft decisions by Sammy but overall he showed again he's quite a talent. Like his big bro, he has very quick feet for a tall lad.

Bigi struggled to find a role again. I can't see the point of playing him with Tiote. It's not the kind of experience he needs.

Guest Dontooner

Well this must have been the most open attacking game all season, Pardew actually allowed the shape of the team to be disorganize. A draw is a fair result with both teams with lots of chances, at least i saw the potential of the players when it came down to attacking. Still no clear plan in the offensive half, but well we have a couple of players that could penetrate well when given the license to. Hope Pardew could work out the balance between defense and offense soon.

Guest icemanblue

Very enjoyable, end to end game. Another point away from home, with a far from full strength team.

Struggling to understand the negativity.

"I wasn't too concerned. I thought we would score goals tonight, it was just important not to let any more in,” said Pardew.

"We got a great goal from Anita after a good bit of pressure and then immediately got the second before half-time, which was a bonus, really.

"We came in at half-time in a strong position and really all we did second half was just to make sure defensively we were sound, and apart from a few break-aways and a couple of set-plays, I thought we were and it was just about whether we were going to score the winner.

Just to confirm it's not the players running out of steam etc.

Not that I'm that arsed in this particular match like.

"I wasn't too concerned. I thought we would score goals tonight, it was just important not to let any more in,” said Pardew.

"We got a great goal from Anita after a good bit of pressure and then immediately got the second before half-time, which was a bonus, really.

"We came in at half-time in a strong position and really all we did second half was just to make sure defensively we were sound, and apart from a few break-aways and a couple of set-plays, I thought we were and it was just about whether we were going to score the winner.

Sigh - i didn't even think that looked like the plan. He's wrong, too; we weren't sound at all.

Just can't work Pardew out at all this season.

It's not just this game though, at least this will put an end to the doubts about why we play the way we do when we go ahead.