Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 25/11/12 @ 3pm (No TV)

Rich

Guest sicko2ndbest

Massive game, could really change the course of our season

..............Krul.............

Santon...Tayl...Willo....Fergie

.......Cheick..........Bigi.......

..................Marv...............

...Sammi.......................Ba...

...................Papiss..............

Think this will be the first match I won't watch this year, just stick with Soccer Saturday.

You'll struggle to keep up to date with this match on Soccer Saturday mate.

ssshhhhh, he'll think we got a really boring 0-0 by 5 oclock

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8276854

Nathaniel Clyne is feeling settled at Southampton and has 'no regrets' about spurning a move to Sunday's opponents Newcastle in the summer.

The 21-year-old came through the Crystal Palace academy and quickly became one of the most talked about prospects in the Football League.

Manchester United, Ajax and Everton were all linked with moves for the right-back, who instead plumped for a move to newly-promoted Southampton this summer.

It is a move Clyne has enjoyed so far and has no regrets about turning down other interest, including an offer from Sunday's visitors Newcastle.

"I was close [to going there]," said Clyne. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"It's where I preferred to come. I didn't get a chance to speak to Alan Pardew.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased.

"I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

:anguish:

Must win game now IMO, given the other results above and below us.

I know it's away from home, but the last two defeats on our own turf have put that added pressure on. A draw isn't going to alleviate the pressure, but this is the hole we have dug ourselves into.

Nathaniel Clyne is feeling settled at Southampton and has 'no regrets' about spurning a move to Sunday's opponents Newcastle in the summer.

The 21-year-old came through the Crystal Palace academy and quickly became one of the most talked about prospects in the Football League.

Manchester United, Ajax and Everton were all linked with moves for the right-back, who instead plumped for a move to newly-promoted Southampton this summer.

It is a move Clyne has enjoyed so far and has no regrets about turning down other interest, including an offer from Sunday's visitors Newcastle.

"I was close [to going there]," said Clyne. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased.

"I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

Yep we could have really used this guy instead of spending all summer chasing shadows with Debauchy. Silly missed opportunity, din't care what he says in the press, he would have chosen us over them if he had had the chance, obviously we never made a serious offer.

Yep we could have really used this guy instead of spending all summer chasing shadows with Debauchy. Silly missed opportunity, din't care what he says in the press, he would have chosen us over them if he had had the chance, obviously we never made a serious offer.

Have you completely ignored his quotes then. :lol:

Not too fussed about below us because we're not going down, but win and we're back in there with the likes of Fulham & not far off Everton even.

If we lose here we are in the shit tbh

As soon as I read the phrase 'must win game' my immediate reaction is 'we're going to lose'.

I can never recall ever winning a must win game. I am sure we must have but in my head we lose them all :lol:

Have you completely ignored his quotes then. :lol:

:lol: Hey man piss off with that looking at actual facts business!