Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 25/11/12 @ 3pm (No TV)

Rich

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8276854

Nathaniel Clyne is feeling settled at Southampton and has 'no regrets' about spurning a move to Sunday's opponents Newcastle in the summer.

The 21-year-old came through the Crystal Palace academy and quickly became one of the most talked about prospects in the Football League.

Manchester United, Ajax and Everton were all linked with moves for the right-back, who instead plumped for a move to newly-promoted Southampton this summer.

It is a move Clyne has enjoyed so far and has no regrets about turning down other interest, including an offer from Sunday's visitors Newcastle.

"I was close [to going there]," said Clyne. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"It's where I preferred to come. I didn't get a chance to speak to Alan Pardew.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased.

"I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

:anguish:

Yep we could have really used this guy instead of spending all summer chasing shadows with Debauchy. Silly missed opportunity, din't care what he says in the press, he would have chosen us over them if he had had the chance, obviously we never made a serious offer.

Have you completely ignored his quotes then. :lol:

Have you completely chosen to fail to grasp what players say to the press, it's not always truthful, hello !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not going to say oh I wish I had gone to Newcastle instead because they just finished 5th in the league and Southampton had just been promoted and likely to struggle, you pleb.

He even says he didn't get a chance to talk to Pards, we didn't get that far because we probably bid half what Southampton and market value was.

And it wasn't about game time at all because he could have gotten the same at Palace and he would have been first choice here with only bloody Simpson in his way !!

Nathaniel Clyne is feeling settled at Southampton and has 'no regrets' about spurning a move to Sunday's opponents Newcastle in the summer.

The 21-year-old came through the Crystal Palace academy and quickly became one of the most talked about prospects in the Football League.

Manchester United, Ajax and Everton were all linked with moves for the right-back, who instead plumped for a move to newly-promoted Southampton this summer.

It is a move Clyne has enjoyed so far and has no regrets about turning down other interest, including an offer from Sunday's visitors Newcastle.

"I was close [to going there]," said Clyne. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased.

"I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

Yep we could have really used this guy instead of spending all summer chasing shadows with Debauchy. Silly missed opportunity, din't care what he says in the press, he would have chosen us over them if he had had the chance, obviously we never made a serious offer.

Have you completely chosen to fail to grasp what players say to the press, it's not always truthful, hello !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not going to say oh I wish I had gone to Newcastle instead because they just finished 5th in the league and Southampton had just been promoted and likely to struggle, you pleb.

He even says he didn't get a chance to talk to Pards, we didn't get that far because we probably bid half what Southampton and market value was.

Out of contract wasn't he?

Wasn't he in his last year, either way there would have been a fee because of his age.

And it wasn't about game time at all because he could have gotten the same at Palace and he would have been first choice here with only bloody Simpson in his way !!

I bet if he said he really wanted to come to Newcastle but Pardew fucked up the negotiations you would've believed the bastard! :lol:

Wasn't he in his last year, either way there would have been a fee because of his age.

think he was out of contract but yes because of age Palace were due a fee anyway, not sure if it went to tribunal or they agreed one with Southampton

I bet if he said he really wanted to come to Newcastle but Pardew f***ed up the negotiations you would've believed the b******! :lol:

I probably would have but players never say that, they are always delighted to have chosen the club they signed for over another when they play them. It's tideous to hear really, it's like they get the quotes out of some manual the agents put together for them.

Guest malandro

Must win game now IMO, given the other results above and below us.

As soon as I read the phrase 'must win game' my immediate reaction is 'we're going to lose'.

I can never recall ever winning a must win game. I am sure we must have but in my head we lose them all :lol:

We managed to win three in a row in the CL back in 2002.

Must win game now IMO, given the other results above and below us.

Yip, 14th tonight and looking ominously downwards rather than upwards. Don't care if it's an absolutely shit game and we score an og or get one off someones arse, we simply have to win tomorrow as i fear we'll get a right hiding at Stoke on wednesday and will be right in the clarts by next weekend.

Guest malandro

Looking at the games we have left this year its hard to see us getting more than 12 points out of possible 24. That would leave us about 18 points from nailed on safety with 18 games to play. Losing tomorrow wouldn't be a disaster, it's the home games against Wigan and QPR we need to worry about.

Looking at the games we have left this year its hard to see us getting more than 12 points out of possible 24. That would leave us about 18 points from nailed on safety with 18 games to play. Losing tomorrow wouldn't be a disaster, it's the home games against Wigan and QPR we need to worry about.

Losing tomorrow would be one more loss, add that to our recent form and everybody at the club is under increased pressure.  The quicker we get our next win the better and the longer we go without a win makes the next win even tougher to get.

Tomorrow isn’t a must win but it is close to one, especially with our current home as we’ve got no right to expect a win in any game.

Guest SuperShola!

Krul

Simpson Tayls Willo Santon

Tiote  Perch 

Jonas                          Marv

Sammy  Ba

Shola, Ranger, Fergie, Anita, Abeid, Tav, Elliot.

0-3, fuck it. Due a win, don't care if we've been playing shit, Southampton are gash. Pards and Ranger will have something to prove. Ba x2 and Ranger.

(Lol jk we gunna loose 7-0)