Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

Don't often tweet about training but I felt the best I have in months today. Can't wait to kick start my season in the coming weeks.

:tobey:

Cheeky Scamp that he is.

Flood the midfield and hope for the best.

I'd take a nil nil draw now but fear a right fucking tonking.

Stoke are really not a very good side, they really are not. They don't create nearly enough chances for a PL side. Trouble is you could say the same about us. Player for player we are better than they are, but even with injuries we have you could say exactly the same for West Ham, Swansea and Southampton !

All those predicting big defeats are really taking the slump a little too far and haven't factored in the opposition, which plays like we do, not to lose and defends 1-0 leads. Stoke won't score a bucket load against us or any other team this season, they are just not built for that.

That doesn't mean I think we will win, because we simply won't but Colo back will help a lot, and this one will be a 1-1 or 1-0 loss at worst.

Their fans seem to fully expect a big win for them too, hardly any contemplating defeat. http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203102

This thread is about how fickle we are for the "majority" of us wanting Pardew out.  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203096

Here's some quotes, hopefully this will instill a bit of passion again in us, because it looks like having read these past few pages we've thrown in the towel too.

Unbelievable, after what he did for them last season. Already the majority are calling for his head. One fan has even used it as an opportunity to have a stab at us!!

Fickle bunch, they just won't be happy until they have the dream team of Shearer, Beardsley and wor Jackie at the helm!

Do they get through more Managers than Chelski?

I hate Geordies they are the most deluded bunch of idiots you can find.

The decision to give Pardew that contract was insane but the fans think that they have the squad to compete for the title for Christ's sake.

Who would have thought it.....

.....this time last year he was the main man.

Tossers always get found out before long. Wouldn't it be nice to hand them another hammering this week and send him on his way to join Mark Hughes in the "I coulda been a contender" category??

Pisser like !!

couldn't happen to a more arrogant, deluded bunch n'aarl

If he was a Geordie and not a Londoner they wouldnt be asking for his head. I lived up there for 3 years and they hate outsiders.

They were moaning last season because they thought they should have made the Champions League believe it or not.

I reckon you watched MOTD last night and believed Shearer's bullsh*t. The truth is they had a lucky run last season and are now in their rightful place.

Stoke are really not a very good side, they really are not. They don't create nearly enough chances for a PL side. Trouble is you could say the same about us. Player for player we are better than they are, but even with injuries we have you could say exactly the same for West Ham, Swansea and Southampton !

All those predicting big defeats are really taking the slump a little too far and haven't factored in the opposition, which plays like we do, not to lose and defends 1-0 leads. Stoke won't score a bucket load against us or any other team this season, they are just not built for that.

That doesn't mean I think we will win, because we simply won't but Colo back will help a lot, and this one will be a 1-1 or 1-0 loss at worst.

Their fans seem to fully expect a big win for them too, hardly any contemplating defeat. http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203102

This thread is about how fickle we are for the "majority" of us wanting Pardew out.  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203096

Here's some quotes, hopefully this will instill a bit of passion again in us, because it looks like having read these past few pages we've thrown in the towel too.

Unbelievable, after what he did for them last season. Already the majority are calling for his head. One fan has even used it as an opportunity to have a stab at us!!

Fickle bunch, they just won't be happy until they have the dream team of Shearer, Beardsley and wor Jackie at the helm!

The decision to give Pardew that contract was insane but the fans think that they have the squad to compete for the title for Christ's sake.

Tossers always get found out before long. Wouldn't it be nice to hand them another hammering this week and send him on his way to join Mark Hughes in the "I coulda been a contender" category??

Pisser like !!

If he was a Geordie and not a Londoner they wouldnt be asking for his head. I lived up there for 3 years and they hate outsiders.

They were moaning last season because they thought they should have made the Champions League believe it or not.

I reckon you watched MOTD last night and believed Shearer's bullsh*t. The truth is they had a lucky run last season and are now in their rightful place.

:lol:

They really should read what they type, one mentions somebody having a go at them which is probably me and I wasn't.  I was saying what was said when I lived near Stoke, they then go on to admit some want Pulis out which backs up what I said.

They then call us deluded because some want Pardew out then claim that he's basically a crap manager.

'If he was a Geordie and not a Londoner they wouldnt be asking for his head. I lived up there for 3 years and they hate outsiders.'

This one had me in stitches. I lived in stoke for almost 10 years and most of them hate people from other areas of

Stoke let alone people from other cities. The whole place needs carpet bombing, concreted over, set on fire and then carpet bombing again for good measure.

I honestly think Perch is vital for us these days and I hope he's back fit for us now. He's a quality tackler and has an eye for a pass too, so I hope he kinda fills cabaye's void for now, obviously not in the creative sense. Perchinhoooo

'If he was a Geordie and not a Londoner they wouldnt be asking for his head. I lived up there for 3 years and they hate outsiders.'

This one had me in stitches. I lived in stoke for almost 10 years and most of them hate people from other areas of

Stoke let alone people from other cities. The whole place needs carpet bombing, concreted over, set on fire and then carpet bombing again for good measure.

If you've never been, it's worth a visit just to gape in wonder at it. It's the closest you'll get to experiencing the dark ages first hand. Seriously.

I don't want to go on too much about the place because I have a lot of friends who live in around Stoke but it's not somewhere that you would really want to live.  Trentham looked OK, Hanley was supposed to be OK but the shock has set in by the time you get to those places.  Meir isn't a very nice place and Dresden was probably named it after we'd bombed the German city of the same name during WW2.

Normally i would agree c***

Not sure if that's on purpose? Either way: :lol: :lol:

I read his nick and just replied without thinking of how bad it sounded until afterwards  :lol:

Sorry Conjo if i offended you :) I hope you didn't get all wet.

No worries. It was bound to come up sooner or later. Took its time though  :alone:

posted it in the tickets thread, but I have 2 tickets for this that are 10 rows apart, is there any way of fixing this? i hadnt read the stuff about having to set up some away crew thing over the phone...  :sad:

Pisser like !!

They really should read what they type, one mentions somebody having a go at them which is probably me and I wasn't.  I was saying what was said when I lived near Stoke, they then go on to admit some want Pulis out which backs up what I said.

They then call us deluded because some want Pardew out then claim that he's basically a crap manager.

Stoke fans are hardly the brightest tools in the box - let's face it they haven't had a decent team since Matthews was playing for them....sort of OK in the 70s when they had Greenhoff ,McIlroy

and our cast off Eastham playing for them as well as Gordon Banks until he got injured, but they could never match our support and, like many PL teams who draw less than we do, they are jealous of the fact that at least we had a spell in the 90s when we really WERE a top side and they were - and still are - crap.

Not that we are any better right now, and probably won't be until Ashley sells to someone even richer, but we will always have the potential of being a regular Top 6 side....they never will.....