Stoke City vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/12 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

bowlingcrofty

Krul

Santon    Williamson  Colo    Ferguson

Tiote          Anita

Marveaux        Amalfitano    Jonas

Ba

Jonas on wing just urgh,  bloke has nothing to give these days. Would like to see Amalfitano given a chance like

Krul

Simpson        Williamson      Colo      Santon

Anita          Tiote          Jonas

Marveaux      Ba        Sammy

Something like that, sorry it's the best I could come up with. I just don't see the point in playing Cisse, he's nowhere at the moment. Marveaux has a little bit of quality and Sammy seems to be our only other option really? Ahead of Obershite I'd say.

Nailed on defeat, christ they'll be smelling blood for this one like a hyena sniffs out a wounded infant gazelle on the serengeti,  :lol:

Krul

Santon          Williamson      Colo      Ferguson

Anita          Tiote     

Sammy                  Marveaux              Obertan

Cisse       

May as well throw this one in if we're going to talk about formations that will never happen. Picked Cisse ahead of Ba because he has been slightly less selfish.

I can see Pardew reverting to the 4-3-3 with Ba wide under all this pressure.

I frickin hope so, best option at moment would be to revert to that / play a 5 man midfield and try and be solid and grind out results

Krul

Santon      Williamson(Urgh)    Colo        Perch

Anita      Tiote      Jonas (urgh)

Marveux                Cisse                                Ba

Krul

Simpson  Willo  Colo  Santon

Anita  Tiote

Marveaux

Amalfitano    Cisse      Ba

Is what I'd like to see, just freshen it up with something different using better, calmer footballers (Amalfitano and Marveaux over Fergie and Sammy).

Krul

Anita  Tiote

Marveaux

Is what I'd like to see, just freshen it up with something different using better, calmer footballers (Amalfitano and Marveaux over Fergie and Sammy).

Thing is, on paper that's a very decent team. No reason why it shouldn't pick up regular results in the PL.

Agree that we need some tidier footballers who can play us out of pressure situations.

I can see Pardew reverting to the 4-3-3 with Ba wide under all this pressure.

We reverted to it for the last 20 minutes of the game yesterday, which is irritating as it suggests Pardew knows we can play it.

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Santon

Perch - Tiote

Anita

Marveaux - Cisse - Ba

Anita played his best football yesterday when pushed further forward in the Cabaye role. He's a good passer of the ball if not a yard or two off the pace of the Premier League, so he should at least be able to put a few neat moves together. Perch is a beast in centre midfield, so I'd have him in alongside Tiote if he's fit.

If we play like we have against Stoke (442, humping it long) we'll get soundly beaten.

Krul

Anita  Tiote

Marveaux

Thing is, on paper that's a very decent team. No reason why it shouldn't pick up regular results in the PL.

Agree that we need some tidier footballers who can play us out of pressure situations.

That team would at least give bottom half opposition some problems, if they were played to their strengths. Useless having tidy footballers if you're going to play like Stoke. The ironic thing is, we can play the direct game but we're so dependant on it now, it's utterly predictable. We really, really need to mix it up and get people moving about a bit.

I'm fearful for this one. Hopefully Colo will steady the sinking ship (he himself holed under the waterline with his stupidity)

I'd go a definite 4-5-1 and shore things up. Start out by looking not to lose. The run of defeats have to stop.

Me too. Cisse up front, Ba has to be dropped imo.

Guest firetotheworks

I had this down as a 1-1 at the start of the season. I now think it'll be a 2-0 or 2-1 to Stoke and we'll serve up the same shit and expect it to work.

Struggling to imagine how utterly shit a spectacle this is going to be.

Don't fancy us to beat any other team in the league the way we're playing and Stoke will be rubbing their hands at the prospect. Another defeat without scoring I reckon.

Guest neesy111

In a way I'm pleased this has come around so soon, at least it's a tiny chance to make things better.

The last thing we need is games coming thick and fast imo.  No time to get onto the training pitch to sort things out.