Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wont blame our management if he doesnt sign, will blame our management if we dont move on and sign sufficient quality in right areas. Cant be held to ransom if they offer a stupid amount, we should just withdraw our offer now and move on

Agreed. Hope there's a contingency plan.

I'm normally optimistic about things but our record with contingency plans is pretty abysmal.

Agreed, i was going to point to Maiga/Cisse, but Papiss wasn't really a contingency. He just became available and we snapped him up.

That said, we didn't 'need' a striker to the same level we 'need' one now. This is a real setback but one would think he's not the only striker we've been in communication with since the start of June.

Guest Slippery Sam

What a f***ing club.

But for some reason I'm quite amused by this :lol:

Me too, I stopped investing too much emotional capital in players a long time ago, f*** him if he doesn't want to come here and f*** any of our players who want to leave. There'll always be 11 lads in black and white shirts............they'll probably just be a bit crapper then we've been used to :)

Are you sure? You'd think most of us would be used to some pretty bad crap :lol:

I was around in the 80s so I've seen some proper s***, Frank Pingel anyone?

Yip, I was there on his debut. Got a bang on the heed if I recall correctly.

Anyway, shouldn't the thread title be more along the lines of 'Remy possibly prefers £££ to NUFC' ?  If he does choose QPR then maybe he is not the player we want anyhow.

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

Tbf Remy originally refusing to speak to them (if that did happen?) probably led them to think he wasn't just in it for the money.

In the most recently published accounts, which relate to QPR’s Championship-winning season in 2010-11, the wages to turnover ratio was a whopping 183 per cent. It led to an operating loss of £25.7million. The next accounts, expected to be published in April, could be more eye-watering still.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9493601/QPRs-owners-speculate-to-accumulate-real-success.html

Whats their wage vs turnover ratio now? Shouldn't even be able to sign players with those numbers.

If he goes there its confirmation that Ashleys approach to running the club can not work as other clubs will always be willing to pay higher wages.

That's partially true, but if so, what approach works other than "have more money than everyone else?"

Guest bimpy474

Fernandes is an interesting chap because when he first arrived in F1 he seemed to be the only owner of the new teams who wasn't madly out of his depth. And then he bought QPR and became a bit of a clown (a clown we're about to be shafted by but a clown none the less).

I don't know what to think of him.

Certainly a walking advert for having lots of money doesn't mean you have lots of brains.

Guest malandro

Remy / his agents are just using QPRs interest to try and screw a few more quid out of Ashley. Fools.

I very much hope this is this case.

Probably. What happens if/when NUFC call his bluff is a worry though.

Guest icemanblue

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

:thup:

and Fernandes isn't THAT rich is he?

It's borrowed money. They'll be fucked in 5 years time without a doubt. Unfortunately, that means nothing in the short-term. Irritating that a club with a half the revenue stream can convincingly outbid us for a player.

Spot on. We can but hope. Nothing about that club since it came into a bit of wedge Has been done properly.

Tbf Remy originally refusing to speak to them (if that did happen?) probably led them to think he wasn't just in it for the money.

I think he'd made his mind up to come here but arry can be a right cunt when it comes to hijacking deals. I can remember Amdy Faye saying he tricked him into meeting him when he was going to sign for another club and locked him in a room until he agreed to go to whichever shyster club redknapp was managing at the time.