Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-loan-star-loic-remy-2641541

Newcastle loan striker Loic Remy has an open mind about his future – and manager Alan Pardew admits there’s ‘a long road’ ahead before any talks over a permanent deal.

Remy, who rejected the chance to join the Geordies in January in favour of an £8million move to QPR, has made a major impact since his temporary switch to Tyneside.

The France international, 26, has hit five goals in six appearances, but the former Marseille man won’t commit himself.

He said: “The most important thing for me at the moment is putting in great performances and doing well for Newcastle. Then, hopefully I can try to get a more regular position in the France squad, which is a focus for me as well.

“At the end of the season, obviously I’m still a QPR player, I will look at whatever offers come in – whether that be from Newcastle or from QPR. At that time, I’ll consider what is best for me and what is best for my future career.’’

Despite the presence of Newcastle’s French legion, Remy says he doesn’t feel completely at home.

He added: “I’m really happy to be here, but my French team-mates are not players I have played with at club level before.

“I had only rubbed shoulders with them when playing for the national team, so it’s not quite like home.’’

And Pardew was cautious when asked about the prospects of a more concrete deal for Remy.

The Toon boss said: “It’s a difficult ­question.

“Obviously, we want to keep the best players and he’s started really great. I think there’s a long road yet for him and for us before we get to permanent issues. I think we both have decisions to make on that.’’

But Pardew praised Remy’s approach, saying: “He’s very unassuming from Monday to Friday.

“He’s one of those players who, when game-day comes, he turns up the level.

“That’s the type you want, especially at a club like this.’’

Guest Slippery Sam

Basically we match his wages or he is going back.

I was wondering if everyone was just being non-committal until after the 'case' was decided?

I was wondering if everyone was just being non-committal until after the 'case' was decided?

Remy has no reason to be non-committal really, if the case goes against him he will have a lot more to worry about :lol:

Just sounds like he is still looking for the best offer which is his prerogative.

As if he'll go back man :lol: He'll come here or he'll join someone else no chance in hell of him going back.

Depends how much he is offered imo, he has already joined them once despite them being clear relegation candidates at the time, if QPR get promoted and no-one offers him more I can't see why he wouldn't go back to them.

There will be other clubs in for him, if he continues to have a good season. Can't see us matching the wages, so he'll go elsewhere and we'll get the usual 'we tried' flannel. However, if he does his job this season, then I wish him the best of luck for the future.

Pretty clear he's keeping his options open. It's going well for him here, he's in the shop window for another more lucrative or ambitious move if he can get one. It's looking like it's going to be mutually beneficial this season, but it all feels kind of transitory. Would obviously like him to stay, but I'm telling myself its probably best not to get too attached at the moment and to just enjoy his goals while we've got him.

IMHO he's better than QPR (That's a given) and, sadly, us at this stage. He should really be at a club competing in the CL. I can kind of see why he would have went to QPR over us - Fernandes has ambition and probably sold him the idea they would be a force within X amount of years and threw a ton of money at him. Whilst we were in the better position, statements from our lot that cups take a back seat and our goal is to remain in the PL sort of speaks for itself.

Fernandes really dropped ball actually getting that club established - throwing money at mercenaries with scrotum face managing the team was always going to be a recipe for disaster. I'd like to think (and hope) that if we keep our best players, they're being selected for the national team and he's on a decent wedge we might be able to persuade him to stay but I'm pretty pessimistic. We could be and should be a club pushing for the heights of this league and european competition but due to the incumbents who own and run this club where it matters most we probably never will be until they fuck off.

Enjoy him while he have him - same goes for Cabaye when he's on song, HBA et al.

I hate to say it, but those quotes indicate to me that he thinks of himself as "France's Loic Remy" - he wants to be in the Les Bleus team, he wants to make the World Cup and he wants to dominate there. He's forthright in saying he has no real attachment to our club (unsaid, but also QPR you'd think), so I think he's waiting until he's in the "ultimate" shop window in Brazil.

Option 1) Maybe he'll get "lucky" and be purchased by a big club before having a shit World Cup (but that's never happened to French strikers in the past), or Option 2) maybe he'll smash Just Fontaine's record and win himself a move to Madrid or Barca. Option 3) sees him having a mediocre World Cup/not making it - in which case he'll be happy to go to whatever club offers the biggest wedge.

Simply cannot see option 1 coming to fruition.

He didn't go to QPR for the ambition like :lol:

Tbh, I think they were 'sold' it but didn't work out. People like Cesar, Granero, Mbia, Samba, Remy...on paper and for what was spent they should have been 8-10th imo last season.

Even with those players they looked absolutely nailed on to go down when he signed. Even if he wasn't really paying attention I would question his agents judgement if it wasn't all about money.

I've said before, I don't begrudge him earning what he did for 6 months work because it was probably tripe what he was getting before and he knew he would get out but I very much doubt he moved to QPR for anything other than a quick pay day.

I hate to say it, but those quotes indicate to me that he thinks of himself as "France's Loic Remy" - he wants to be in the Les Bleus team, he wants to make the World Cup and he wants to dominate there. He's forthright in saying he has no real attachment to our club (unsaid, but also QPR you'd think), so I think he's waiting until he's in the "ultimate" shop window in Brazil.

Option 1) Maybe he'll get "lucky" and be purchased by a big club before having a shit World Cup (but that's never happened to French strikers in the past), or Option 2) maybe he'll smash Just Fontaine's record and win himself a move to Madrid or Barca. Option 3) sees him having a mediocre World Cup/not making it - in which case he'll be happy to go to whatever club offers the biggest wedge.

Simply cannot see option 1 coming to fruition.

He'll probably end up warming the bench at Chelsea once someone like Spurs hint they might be interested.

There will be other clubs in for him, if he continues to have a good season. Can't see us matching the wages, so he'll go elsewhere and we'll get the usual 'we tried' flannel. However, if he does his job this season, then I wish him the best of luck for the future.

That's about the gist of it. He's on loan, and we are unlikely to break our 2nd tier wage structure to keep him here once other clubs come sniffing. If the club gets sold we might see him joining full time, but under Ashley? Nah.