Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why would he want to join us?

A year with Pardew would have already done the damage

The Pardew factor is massive IMO. You just know that the better quality players will regard him as an idiot.

Frankly, I think he would have been at a bigger club than Newcastle last season if not for his trouble with the rape allegation. I'm sure he enjoyed his stay here, but probably does not see NUFC as a final destination

Well he's still at QPR so the bigger club ambitions are still on the horizon.

Guest firetotheworks

Frankly, I think he would have been at a bigger club than Newcastle last season if not for his trouble with the rape allegation. I'm sure he enjoyed his stay here, but probably does not see NUFC as a final destination

Remy's not good enough for a team above us imo, neither was Ba. If they want to sit on the bench and get more money then yeah, but if they want to play week in and week out there's no where but maybe Everton or Spurs to go in terms of pushing near the top. The very top teams don't bother with players like that when there are clearly much better strikers that they can start or have in rotation. Remy and Ba are not and never were good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't go sniffing at Remy's PL goal record. He'd do more at Chelsea than Torres and probably could have played himself into Arsenal's XI. Again, Liverpool wanted him.

Aye, but Torres was bought on an extremely high reputation built on the back of one of the best premier league seasons a striker has ever had. Remy's nowhere near the level that Chelsea mistakenly thought they were getting.

Wouldn't go sniffing at Remy's PL goal record. He'd do more at Chelsea than Torres and probably could have played himself into Arsenal's XI. Again, Liverpool wanted him.

All back up though, he's good enough for that for those clubs but not to start.

Remy's not good enough for a team above us imo, neither was Ba. If they want to sit on the bench and get more money then yeah, but if they want to play week in and week out there's no where but maybe Everton or Spurs to go in terms of pushing near the top. The very top teams don't bother with players like that when there are clearly much better strikers that they can start or have in rotation. Remy and Ba are not and never were good enough.

Remy is another level of footballer to Ba, imo. Ba reminds me more of Yakubu and Darren Bent than anyone else. His general play is poor. Remy is a much better all around footballer.

Guest firetotheworks

Remy is another level of footballer to Ba, imo. Ba reminds me more of Yakubu and Darren Bent than anyone else. His general play is poor. Remy is a much better all around footballer.

I would agree with that. I was never a big fan of Ba tbf.

Agree with this - Remy is a far better all-round player. He IS worth a better club than NUFC currently are...people don't like to face that but its true.

Under Ashley and Pardew we are just perpetual also-rans and no better than the likes of Southampton ; we just get better crowds.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with this - Remy is a far better all-round player. He IS worth a better club than NUFC currently are...people don't like to face that but its true.

Under Ashley and Pardew we are just perpetual also-rans and no better than the likes of Southampton ; we just get better crowds.

They (well at least I) just have a different opinion. Spurs/Everton/Us is his limit in terms of a striker starting every game. At Liverpool he would work in rotation, but I don't think he's top 4 level at all like.

He did better than Darren Bent, Yakubu & Cisse have done/would.

I think each's overall game os as good as another. Remy is better than Ba wide but Ba is equally as effective against a highline as a deep one where a think Remy would struggle a bit.

Both could do a job for a top 4 or 6 side. The only strikers that should start for those are bonafide world class or apparently Olivier Giroud.

They (well at least I) just have a different opinion. Spurs/Everton/Us is his limit in terms of a striker starting every game. At Liverpool he would work in rotation, but I don't think he's top 4 level at all like.

Think he would've started for Man Utd. at the weekend (top 4 joke I know), better than Sanago & Podolski, L'pool's back up & Fernando Torres.

Giroud is so underrated, don't understand why he doesn't get more respect. Maybe his hair.

Not a world class finisher. He's not "clutch" at all. That's what you need your main striker to be if you want to win the league.

He's a fine player no doubt. But would you have him ahead of Rooney, RVP, Aguero et al.? Not a chance. He could partner one no doubt but as the main man? Not in that stratosphere.