Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which players DON'T come to our shithouse just for the money, pray tell?

Perez maybe?, think he came here over some other clubs because he thought he'd have a better chance of playing rather than us paying him big wages.

As if he didn't join us for the wages either compared to what he was on, plus he'll be gone as soon as he gets the chance.

He'll have left Tenerife for two reasons, move to a bigger league and increased wages.  Point is he had various choices to fulfill both those aims.  I just doubt he chose us over the rest because we paid him far more than other teams were offering.

Nah not trying to say you're wrong like, just was the only player that came to mind when I read your post.  Still might not even be right, just the only possibility I could think of, which in of itself is quite damning.

So did Ba and pretty much every other footballer that has joined us under Ashley, i really couldn't care less anymore tbh.

Ba signed for us and made a commitment, Remy never did, he p*ssed us about and kept us hanging on.

Which players DON'T come to our shithouse just for the money, pray tell?

Perez maybe?, think he came here over some other clubs because he thought he'd have a better chance of playing rather than us paying him big wages.

As if he didn't join us for the wages either compared to what he was on, plus he'll be gone as soon as he gets the chance.

He'll have left Tenerife for two reasons, move to a bigger league and increased wages.  Point is he had various choices to fulfill both those aims.  I just doubt he chose us over the rest because we paid him far more than other teams were offering.

Only other team i remember being mentioned was Porto and i wouldn't be surprised if we offered more considering PL wages in general is higher than even teams like Porto usually pay.

So did Ba and pretty much every other footballer that has joined us under Ashley, i really couldn't care less anymore tbh.

Be signed for us and made a commitment, Remy never did, he p*ssed us about and kept us hanging on.

A commitment with a 7m release clause attached to it, some commitment that. :lol:

Nah not trying to say you're wrong like, just was the only player that came to mind when I read your post.  Still might not even be right, just the only possibility I could think of, which in of itself is quite damning.

He's always sounded really proud to be here like, though I don't doubt that would change if one of the really top clubs wanted him. Don't forget we effectively signed him for the reserves to start with (there were direct comments from someone at the club about him being intended for the 'development squad' IIRC) so it's probably no surprise he's as pleased as punch to be a first team regular already.

Anyway, I really hope he stays for a while yet. Love watching him play.

Be signed for us and made a commitment, Remy never did, he p*ssed us about and kept us hanging on.

A commitment with a 7m release clause attached to it, some commitment that. :lol:

It was still a commitment.

Only other team i remember being mentioned was Porto and i wouldn't be surprised if we offered more considering PL wages in general is higher than even teams like Porto usually pay.

Well he might have been talking out of his arse but I remember him claiming at the time that Barcelona wanted him, but he knew he'd have a much better chance of Football here.

Are we really arguing about the loyalty of modern day professional athletes? 99% of them want to make as much money as possible, live in as cool place with as many attractive women as possible, and grow their personal brand. And I don't begrudge them for any of that. Team accolades come after.

In some ways it's admirable that Remy doesn't try to hide this.

When he was here he oozed more class than any striker we have had here in the past 10 years imo. He instantly made our team look better, created space and was clever with his passing and movement. He is technically gifted on the ball. Only concern would be if we get a fit and motivated Remy.

When he was here he oozed more class than any striker we have had here in the past 10 years imo. He instantly made our team look better, created space and was clever with his passing and movement. He is technically gifted on the ball. Only concern would be if we get a fit and motivated Remy.

the motivation is going to the euros, i guess

I can't stand Remy, he only came here to move on and made no secret about that. I know most footballers are the same but Remy didn't even try to hide it and I'm convinced his injury was bullshit.

Agree that his injury was totally false and he's obviously a money grabbing shitehawk but, at this moment, he's probably our best chance of survival.

Up to us now whether to let Leicester take him or fat Mike can splash the cash 1 final time. The only positive is that would Remy want to sign permanently with them or come here on loan, becomes our saviour, goes to the Euros then f***s off to a bigger club?

Up to us now whether to let Leicester take him or fat Mike can splash the cash 1 final time. The only positive is that would Remy want to sign permanently with them or come here on loan, becomes our saviour, goes to the Euros then f***s off to a bigger club?

Berahino looks a no-go and Remy looks our only real chance of getting a proven forward. Not long left to sort this out!